Position Title: WASH Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Function: Business Analytics
Reporting To: IFI Manager
Based in: Bahir Dar
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of funds
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale plus other PSI/Ethiopia staff benefits.
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a motivated Monitoring and Evaluation coordinator to ensure quality data collection, analysis and use at regional level, under a USAID-funded WASH project. The ideal candidates have matured experience on monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and are familiar with any evidence use for decision making approach; proactive and energetic, the M&E Coordinators will work very closely with business partner, local government office and partners working with PSI WASH project to build their capacity on M&E and ensure that data are used to continuously improve performances.
Key Result Areas:
- Data and insight quality (e.g., compliance with data quality audits, DQA score)
- Adoption and utilization of MEL (e.g., business partners performance)
- MEL support and capacity building (e.g., Number of support and supervision visits)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Enhance monitoring of program outputs and quality, generate quality evidence on program impact and promote and ensure use of data for decision-making processes;
- Develop and adapt weekly and monthly quantitative and qualitative reporting tools and provide support to Field Officer
- Conduct regular field visits to project sites different stakeholders for monitoring and follow-up,
- Ability to coordinate monitoring activities with partners and provide technical support in information generation, data capturing, reporting, data analysis and use in the region.
- Provide regular updates and analysis of data to the Project Manager and M&E Manager and his team to assess progress and suggest adaptations of the project
- Respond to donor queries on metrics reached and other quantitative indicators
- Oversee the collection, data validation, analysis, and utilization of information
- Work with Program teams to integrate M&E into ongoing program planning and implementation systems and ensure adherence to PSI M&E minimum standards;
- Contribute to understanding of and support for mobile data collection hardware and software;
- Develop a monitoring plan for each program and conduct regular monitoring visits to the different programs;
- Develop and manage program databases to facilitate timely information updates, data quality assurance, sharing of information and learning, etc.;
- Write up beneficiary stories from the field to organize best practices and lesson learned.
- Carryout all regular programmatic data collection, data cleaning, data validation, data compilation, and data submission to the Area Program Manager and M&E Manager at Head Office;
- Ensure timely submission of data by partners and PSI/E from and to relevant regional government structures in accordance with national guidelines;
- Support the deployment and correct utilization of innovative electronic data capture systems and protocols;
- Lead all programmatic data archiving and filing for PSI/E at the regional level;
- Support PSI/E regional staff, regional GoE structures and business partners with supportive supervision of data collection and data compilation activities;
- Support the planning and execution of cross-functional supportive supervision and data quality audits among all partners within the region/corridor;
- Provide PSI/E’s regional staff and partners with routine data analysis and feedback and ensure data use in the region.
- Analysis of data and Reporting
- Support program teams in data collection and data analysis;
- Coordinate with program teams to review indicator updates on a monthly basis. Generate reports using different data visualizations (tables/graphs/reports) from the databases at regular intervals, ensuring reports/information are available for program implementation staff as required.
- Facilitate data analysis with program implementation team as requested
- Ability to transform data collected from the field into knowledge that translates into actions
- Review or edit data in reports as requested and required;
- Produce analytical summaries: graphs, charts, tables, narratives and appealing visuals, as requested, to fulfill internal and external reporting requirements;
- Capacity Building
- Build the capacity of all relevant team members to develop and maintain a robust M&E system;
- Build the capacity of local partners in the area of M&E, data quality assurance and reporting;
- Adapt existing protocols and plans to mentor and coach colleagues to build their capacity to enable them to develop high quality reports.
- Provide trainings, capacity building and technical support to private WASH selling agents, NGOs Woreda WASH Team (WWT) and other partners on data quality management and recordings;
- Coordinate with the team in the office to build systems that promote beneficiary accountability by ensuring that communities participate in initial assessments and program design;
- Coordinate with program teams to ensure that communities are informed about our programs and what we do, are aware of their entitlements, are comfortable to give feedback and that feedback is used to improve the quality of our programs;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to PSI and to not jeopardize its humanitarian social marketing mission.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Population Studies, Economics or related field with five (5) years of demonstrated experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Population Studies, Economics or related field with seven (7) years of demonstrated experience
What would get us excited?
- Proficient in MS office applications and program management tools
- Proficient in English and Amharic languages, both written and verbal communication
How to Apply
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
- Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form . It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
- Send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mark “ Application for WASH Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator Position ” in the subject line.
- Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline August 15, 2019 . We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.