Position Title: WASH Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager
Reports to: Associate Director, MEL
Based in: Addis Ababa
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of funds.
Remuneration: As per the organization pay scale plus other PSI/Ethiopia staff benefits
Application Deadline: May 27, 2021
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non?profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a dynamic and result-oriented WASH MEL Manager to promote the culture of quality data use for decision making in WASH program by (i) leading the design and implementation of MEL tools and systems; and (ii) supporting the national information revolution agenda.
Key Result Areas:
- Monitoring and Evaluation, Learning
- Promoting data use for decision making
- Data quality audits
- Capacity and capability building
Sounds like you? Read on!
- Promote the culture of data use for decision making within the program.
- Develop and flexibly update the country level MEL plan for WASH program including tools and system to make it properly capture the innovation process as well as program impacts.
- Design and develop monitoring and evaluation tools and systems.
- Develop data flow patterns for WASH projects and programs that will ensure timely data collection and reporting.
- Support program leads and other staff to use routine monitoring data for decision making.
- Carryout all regular programmatic data collection, data cleaning, data compilation, and data submission to the program staff.
- Ensure timely submission of data by Local Implementing Partners (LIPs) and PSI/E from and to relevant regional government structures (RHBs) in accordance with national guidelines.
- Support PSI/E staff, GoE structures and LIPs in supportive supervision and data compilation activities.
- Provide PSI/E’s staff and partners with routine data analysis and feedback.
- Ensure the conduct of regular data quality assurance Implement data quality assurance and audit recommendations and track the achievement of the proposed actions.
- Ensure quality data is entered in to DHIS2 that is designed to capture, analyze, and disseminate project data.
- Promote and support the dissemination of project information among the project team.
- Lead and encourage data use at all levels for strategic decision-making and project planning with project/program leadership.
- Participate in national technical working groups to support the countries information revolution agenda.
- Oversee and manage project evaluation and all data quality assurance activities.
- Provide M&E related capacity building to local implementing partners and other institutions supported by PSI/E as well as PSI/E staff as appropriate.
What are we looking for? The basics
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Demography, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Population Studies, Economics, Health Informatics, or related field with six (6) years of demonstrated experience out of which four (4) years at a Managerial level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Population Studies, Economics, Health Informatics, or related field with eight (8) years of demonstrated experience out of which four (4) years at a Managerial level.
What would get us excited?
- Proficient in MS office applications and program management tools.
- Proficient in English and Amharic languages, both written and verbal communication.
How to Apply
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form . It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline May 27, 2021. We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.