1. Roles and Responsibilities.
- Incorporate participatory principles into community-level awareness raising sessions on COVID-19 virus transmission prevention, rights of person with disability, hygiene and sanitation promotion,
- Organize and deliver community awareness raising events on hygiene and sanitation as determined by project objectives on COVID-19 transmission and prevention as well as hygiene/sanitation promotion.
- Monitor and supervise day to day activities of hygiene and sanitation promotion,
- Prepare WASH NFI distribution planning, targeting distribution and monitoring of the activity and produce sanitation promotion progress report.
- Facilitate promotion of hygiene and sanitation information and practices across target communities.
- Promote and motivate inclusive participation of the community in all project activities.
- Carry out community mobilization and assist the team in capacity building activities with community members, and maintain strong community relationships to sustain WASH activities.
- Ensure proper documentation of the project, including data collected, disaggregation beneficiary list (disability, age and gender, etc), hygiene promotion good practices documented and share to the Senior Protection Team-Leader and MEAL manager when required;
- Ensure respect of HI’s policies as well as their implementation at all levels in project locations;
- Report immediately any concern, incident to the PM/PD related to child protection and safeguarding and PSEA;
- Education & Qualification
- BSc degree in Environmental Health or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years related work experience in the area of emergency WASH out of which at least 1 year in humanitarian response.
- Experience in working with in hygiene and sanitation promotions. This includes technical support, capacity building and coordination.
- Excellent understanding of Emergency WASH issues in Ethiopia/Region at both field and policy levels.
- Experience in implementing Emergency WASH project.
- Knowledge of local language is advantageous.
- Basic computer literacy (Word and Excel).
- Ability to work in remote areas of Kamashi zone.
- Disability, age and gender age sensitive.
- High degree of confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with teams and develop team spirit.
- Never been convicted, free from khat , smoking, alcohol and substance abuse addictions.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should fill in the attached application form and submit it with a 1 page motivation letter specifying your duty station preference and email it at [email protected] or through ethiojobs on or before the above mentioned deadline.
Please clearly state the position you apply in the subject line of your email otherwise rejected automatically. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for exam/interview no phone calls please.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting child protection and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position involves working with beneficiaries and is subject to strict safer recruitment checks. The successful candidate will be required to complete a police check and sign self-declaration form to help us verify your suitability to work with children including checks with past employers.Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes women and persons with disabilities to apply.