The WASH Program Manager is a management position that involves planning, management and monitoring of the WASH programs (water supply, sanitation, hygiene promotion, Environmental health and capacity building of staff) in North refugee Camps, Afar Region, Berhile and Asayta. The manager should have experiences on WASH proposal development, staff management, knowledge on donors’ rules and regulation. Moreover, the WASH program manager expected to have strong skills on the design/re-design of the water systems using hydraulic software, preparation of BoQ, specifications, and drawings, sanitation facilities, and design strategy plan for WASH program. The WASH program Manager reports to Field Program Coordinator and consult Country office WASH program coordinator related to technical issues.
- Oversee the implementation of the WASH program in Refugee camps to ensure the program is implemented according to schedule, budgets, and international standards
- Re-design, or design the water system layout, Prepare BoQ, drawings, and optimized design for water supply infrastructures: Pipe layout, electro mechanical equipment, and storage tanks
- Design, appropriate sanitation and environmental health facilities, Prepare BoQ, drawings, and optimized design of water supply infrastructures:
- Ensure the quality of construction works, and installation of electromechanical equipment
- Conduct regular (Quarterly) water system operation and management training for the staff on Water quality, IMC’s code of conducts, water system operation and management
- Conduct regular monitoring and internal evaluations, and conduct annual KPC surveys in collaboration with IMC’s MEAL team
- Conduct assessment, develop WASH proposal, budgets and concept notes in consultation with the WASH team in Addis Ababa.
- Liaises with HR/Admin, Logistics, and Finance departments to ensure smooth operations of WASH activities.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IMC programs
- Recruit staff in conjunction with the Human Resources Department
- Maintain updated job descriptions, conduct interviews, and orient new staff to the IMC and the WASH program
- Provide ongoing supervision, and technical support and guidance to WASH staff, and ensure all WASH staff adhere to best-practice principles in all aspects of program implementation
- Ensure Performance Management System documentation for all staff is in place and followed up regularly according to the organization schedule
- Build staff capacity in work plan development and reporting to ensure accurate monitoring and documentation of activities.
- Ensure WASH staff understands and follows IMC and donor Policies and Procedures in collaboration with IMC HR/Admin
Grants Management & Reporting
- Manage and oversee WASH grants; develop and maintain work, spending and procurement plans according to the IMC templates and procedures;
- Prepare finance utilization plan and review monthly financial pipeline;
- Prepare internal and external reports within agreed deadlines
- Assure appropriate and timely spending of grants to achieve program goals, grant reporting contributions, use and distribution of supplies and resources.
Representation & Coordination
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders - including NGOs, UN agencies, Gov’t representatives and other IMC sectors to enhance cooperation and coordination;
- Ensure that information from coordination meetings is shared internally and with other sectors, as appropriate;
- Attend the WASH coordination meetings
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor, or programs director
- Minimum University degree in Civil, Hydraulic, or Water Resource Engineering
- Minimum of five years’ work experiences in INGOs on WASH program management
- Must have ability in using Windows, and other Engineering software: AutoCAD, Hydraulics soft wares Epnaet, WaterCAD, WaterGMS, and GPS
- Minimum three years experiences on WASH proposal development
- Flexible, willing to travel and live temporarily in harsh environment
- Ability to work under pressure in a potentially unstable security environment.·
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and CV through www.ethiojobs.net OR before October 10, 2021
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note : IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.