Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an anticipated $25-50 million USAID-funded Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (UWASH) Activity in Ethiopia. The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract to support accelerated access to inclusive and resilient water supply, sanitation, and hygiene services in targeted urban and peri-urban areas. The Activity will work to fulfill this purpose through four complementary objectives: 1) strengthen Government of Ethiopia urban WASH planning, budgeting and service delivery oversight; 2) strengthen the operationalization of an independent regulator; 3) enable and professionalize public and private WASH service providers; and 4) extend WASH services to poor and marginalized households.
Position Summary :
Working under the overall direction of the Deputy Chief of Party (COP) – Technical and in coordination and collaboration with project technical staff, the WASH Regulatory Advisor will lead activities related to operationalization of an independent WASH sector regulator.
* Leads regulatory reform-related activities and team.
* Works with the designated regulator to establish and implement an effective city-wide WASH service delivery performance monitoring system.
* Supports the regulator to develop policies and approaches to enforce water extraction, and sanitation related environmental protection regulations, and climate resilient standards.
* Co-facilitates Government of Ethiopia, OneWASH mandated, coordination and collaboration with local government actors and professional associations representing multiple sectors (e.g. health, education, transport).
Minimum Qualifications :
* Advanced degree (minimum masters or equivalent) in relevant fields.
* Minimum of six years of experience working on urban water supply and/or sanitation, market systems strengthening or other related projects.
* A strong understanding of the challenges of water supply/sanitation/wastewater service providers in Ethiopia, including technical expertise in developing an independent regulator.
* Previous supervisory experience and exceptional management skills, including experience planning and executing activities, managing to work plans, and overseeing budgets.
* Experience in East Africa and Ethiopia required.
* Fluency in English (written and spoken) and Amharic.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.