Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an anticipated $25-50 million USAID-funded Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (UWASH) Activity in Ethiopia. The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract to support accelerated access to inclusive and resilient water supply, sanitation, and hygiene services in targeted urban and peri-urban areas. The Activity will work to fulfill this purpose through four complementary objectives: 1) strengthen Government of Ethiopia urban WASH planning, budgeting and service delivery oversight; 2) strengthen the operationalization of an independent regulator; 3) enable and professionalize public and private WASH service providers; and 4) extend WASH services to poor and marginalized households.
Position Summary :
Working under the overall direction of the Deputy Chief of Party (COP) – Technical and in coordination and collaboration with project technical staff, the WASH Service Provider Advisor will lead activities related to public and private WASH service providers professionalization.
* Leads service delivery professionalization-related activities and team.
* Institutionalizes capacity building and develop models to scale training by working with Technical and Vocational Education and Training centers (TVETs), Ethiopian Water Technology Institute (EWTI), and local universities to attract more youth and women to become WASH professionals, and support them in employment opportunities, in fields such as engineering, marketing and public health.
* Implements capacity development programs for existing WASH professionals that foster leadership, financial, and management skills.
* Works with local actors to provide tailored technical assistance in areas such as marketing, accounting, customer service and human resources management to existing
private enterprises engaged in WASH services or related services.
* Works with local service providers and Government of Ethiopia to explore appropriate technologies/contracting approaches to increase billing efficiency and reduce non-revenue water.
* Supports the establishment of WASH service provider professional associations.
* Establishes new financial mechanisms such as revolving or guarantee funds to unlock additional finance that enables sustainable private sector service delivery.
* Improves the supply chain reliability of critical inputs.
* Oversees construction of small, ancillary, infrastructure such as fecal sludge transfer and/or treatment facilities, necessary to support the fecal sludge management value chain.
Minimum Qualifications :
* Advanced degree (minimum masters or equivalent) in relevant fields.
* Minimum of six years of experience working on urban water supply and/or sanitation, market systems strengthening or other related projects.
* A strong understanding of the challenges of water supply/sanitation/wastewater service providers in Ethiopia, including technical expertise in service provision and professionalization.
* Experience managing construction contracting, preferably in water/sanitation sector, from tendering through closeout and for multiple subcontracts in multiple locations simultaneously.
* Previous supervisory experience and exceptional management skills, including experience planning and executing activities, managing to work plans, and overseeing budgets.
* Experience in East Africa and Ethiopia required.
* Fluency in English (written and spoken) and Amharic.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process: