Purpose of the position:
The WASH system-strengthening specialist is responsible for the overall implementation, technical direction, and administration of WASH governance activities of the project that includes the establishment of utilities and WASH Cos for the constructed water schemes by the project. S/he will be responsible for ensuring effective coordination of project activities with those of relevant GOE ministries, national organizations, and other USAID funded WASH activities
Major Responsibilities :
· Lead the establishment & training of water scheme utilities Management and WASHCos for the water system management in accordance with regional regulation, polices and methodologies.
· Lead the WASH governance and system strengthening activities at project innervation woredas.
· Liaison with district/woreda level government on strengthening quality monitoring and tracking of WASH activities.
· Follow-up monitoring visits (in the field) of water management activities (water quality management, HH Multiple use, hygiene and sanitation messaging linked to water sustainability and maintenance, cost recovery activities, etc.).
· Representation, leadership, and facilitation of water related sanitation and hygiene behavioral activities with SCI and PSI, ensuring partners and teams are capturing and document Faith Engagement and behavior change under water quality management and protection, maintenance and repairs, and handling and use at water points and HH level.
· Development of success stories/case studies on water quality management and sustainability, CVA and Water management, and Faith engagement and water management. Moreover, Refresh the Developed training manuals for the project on MUS ( Multi-use of water ) and other related training manuals.
· Lead CVA methodology to promote better governance and citizens’ rights for water service delivery.
· Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems. Submit timely accurate data and professional reports that meet donor requirements and experience in used DHIS.
· Lead the establishment & training of Utilities and WASHCos for the water scheme management in accordance with regional regulations polices and methodologies.
· Lead the development of utility management guideline in the context of WVE water scheme management strategies.
· Work on project hand over issues and capacity building of partners and project staffs.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
· MPH or BSc Degree in Environmental health; Water Resource Engineering & related engineering fields;
· At least 8 years relevant experience in WASH in an international NGO or similar organization with minimum of 3-Year experience in WASH governance
Working Environment / Conditions:
Office based with frequent travel to field.
· Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values.
Salary: World Vision has an attractive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form (you can get this form from ) and email on or before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected] or Ethiojobs.net
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Note: we do not receive hard copies