|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||World Vision Ethiopia|
|Job Title||:||Water and Civil Works Engineer|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, March 25, 2022|
|Application Deadline||:||Tuesday, April 5, 2022|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
World Vision Ethiopia
Position: Water and Civil Works Engineer
• Ensure the quality of the building meet Ministry of Health standard
• Ensure the project finish construction works appropriately within project time period
• Provide technical support to the project in reviewing drawings/designs, specifications and Bill of Quantities obtained from concerned government offices for technical compliance and engage on the same when executed at program and national office level
• Provide technical support to the project in reviewing bid documents, and engineering cost estimations Oversee and administer contracts through proper application of government civil work standards and manuals and signed contract agreement
• Conduct regular site supervision and verification of take off sheets, and prepare payment certificate to be effected at program office and national office level
• Receive feedback from contractors in writing on progress of the construction works, challenges and concerns encountered and advise the associate director on appropriate course of action in a timely manner
• Oversee and ensure the timely handing over of completed constructions to the user communities or the concerned government offices and ensure proper documentations for future reference
• Conduct regular site visit and ensure the contractor use appropriate materials, such as good quality of concrete, depth of excavation, and so on according to Bill of Quantity, hire appropriate number of qualified construction workers, and provide good working conditions for them
• Provide feedback and regular progress reports to Project Technical Supervisor on construction works
• Application Deadline: 05 April 2022
• Duty Station: Gondar Zuria Maksignt, Amhara, Horn of Africa
How to Apply:
• Interested applicants can send their application using the link attached here under
• Qualifications Required: BSc degree in Civil, Hydraulic, Water & Environmental engineer., and related field
• Work Experience: BSc with minimum 2 years’ experience in water resource development
Technical Skills and Abilities
• Committed to the core values of World Vision
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written in English.
• Creates and encourages a climate of team-work and collaboration in a diverse cultural environment.
• Consistently achieves high-level results, manages and delivers projects on-time and on-budget.
• Preferred: Other NGO experience and water supply schemes supervision
• Experience in using word, excel and other computer skills is an asset
• Additional Requirements: Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values.
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|