A. Job Summary
Under the general direction of the Area Office Women Integrated Sexual Health Project coordinator, the Cluster Manager is responsible for ensuring the project implementation of the WISH project at the cluster or Woreda level. He/She is responsible for strategy and detailed activities implementation at the cluster level in congruence with the WISH2 project plan and donor requirements. The manager is the field level FGAE’s contact person for clustered partner public and private health facilities. He/she works with the clusters to ensure WISH2 project work plan implementation, monitoring, and reporting,
B. Summary of Key Functions/Results Expected
· Coordinates WISH cluster activities in the assigned project areas;
· Under the close supervision of the WISH project coordinator at the area office, the cluster manager plans, implements, and supervises the performance of the clusters and health facilities under them;
· Conducts facility gap assessment prior to the initiation of partnership with potential facilities to be clustered and as may be required and develop follow action in discussion with his immediate supervisor and partners to address gaps identified;
· Provide technical mentoring and management support to the clusters and facilities under them;
· Plans and leads the establishment of Cluster Management Committees (CMC) and serves as the secretary of CMCs in his/her areas of support;
· Works with the project coordinator to plan the training of clustered facility providers on FP and other SRH services. The manager also follows up on the initiation of WISH2 supported services following the training of providers.
· Exercises a closer look at the availability of trained providers in each of the facilities his/her clustered facilities and communicates his supervisor on the event that trained providers to resign for planning replacement through training;
· Follows up the timely meeting of the CMC, supports in identifying critical agendas of the meeting, liaise with the chairperson in crafting action items to address gaps and to improve performance. The manager also follows up the implementation of planned action items and ensure proper documentation of minutes and action items developed;
· Liaise with the Woreda level project partners including local administrations, women, children and sport affairs offices, health offices, etc, so as to garner support for the smooth execution of project activities;
· Review performance with facility-level service providers, Health Extension workers, community and religious leaders for enhanced communication with target audiences and to boost their service uptake;
· Ensures that data capturing tools and systems are available and properly used at clustered facility levels;
· Follows up closely to ensure that QOC standards are met by clustered facilities. Adheres to the requirements of the QoC guideline to see that self-assessments are done, external assessments are carried out by CMC’s quality of care sub-committee, by him/her self or by the AO QOC sub-committee.
· Follows up to make sure that planned action items developed following self and external assessments and supportive supervision visits are addressed by those who are responsible as indicated in the action plan.
· Collects, consolidates, analyzes, and shares the data captured at the facility level to the WISH project Sr. M and E officer at the area office;
· Prepares and submits periodic programmatic reports about his/her cluster performance to the WISH project coordinator;
· Closely works with clusters in his designated Woredas for designing culturally acceptable, gender-specific community mobilization strategies and referral systems to enhance SRH service uptake;
· Closely monitor and support public and private health facilities to make sure that they don’t run out of stock of FP and other SRH supplies and commodities;
· Provides support and implement planned activities in line with agreed manuals, policies, standards guidance he/she receives from his immediate supervisor;
· Collects and documents practices and lessons and share to the WISH project coordinator
· Perform other duties as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
C. Essential Skills
Experience in working with Public health facilities lower-level structure community including HEWS, HDA, community leaders and etc
· Good communication skills in the local language of the project implementation sites
· Experience of managing community-based projects/interventions
· Other Computer Proficiency in MS Word, EXCEL, Access,
· motorcycle driving license is desired
D. Qualification/ Education : BSc in Nursing/Health Officer
E. Work Experience: 3 Years after graduation & shall possess extensive experience in a similar position in an NGO sector or donor-funded project.
F. Place of work: Ameya Woreda, South West Shoa Zone of Oromia Region.
G) Number required: 1 (one)
Terms of Employment: One year contract, renewable based on satisfactory performance and availability of funds
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send non-returnable applications with CV and copies of credentials and other supporting documents within 10 calendar days of this announcement to the following address.
Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia
AA Area Office, around AA Stadium near to Bethezata Hospital
P.O. Box 8080
Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer and female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.