Job Tittle Zonal Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location Bahir Dar
POSITION SUMMARY :
Under the guidance of the Regional Director and technical support from the Regional M&E Advisor, the Zonal M&E Officer supports the establishment of systems that enhance collection, processing and use of quality data for program support and reporting.
· Build the capacity of the zonal and wereda M&E staff through mentoring and coaching on the data collection, data analysis and interpretation and use
· Strengthen zonal and Wereda M&E team in evidence driven target setting and planning so that HIV related activities are well represented in wereda planning
· Strengthen capacity of zonal and Wereda M&E team in source document data quality assurance, report validation and provision of constrictive feedback for all concerned to ensure data quality through regular data quality assurance
· Strengthen capacity of zonal and Wereda M&E team capacity in data analysis, comparison with targets, interpretation of the finding to ensure data use for continuous quality improvement through regular data analysis, interpretation and presentation to decision makers
· Assist the Zonal M&E staff in establishing data quality assurance and feedback system and follow up of data quality actions plan
· Assist the Zonal M&E staff in follow up and support of wereda M&E team through targeted joint supportive supervision.
· Assist the Zonal M&E staff in knowledge management activities through organized archival reports, documentation, sharing and archiving lesson learnt
· Assist the zonal M&E staff in conducting trend analysis to identify and present areas that need focused actions in the zonal review meetings;
· Assist in facilitating the distribution of M&E tools and provider job aids
· Assist in compiling monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual activity reports
· Undertake other activities as assigned by the immediate line supervisor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
· BSC Degree in Health informatics or M&E from recognized college/university
· Health background will be an asset
· 3 years related work experience
· Ability to establish and maintain excellent work relationship
· Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Proficiency in written and spoken English.
· Basic computer knowledge with ability to use the MS office application.