All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Finance Assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the finance functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as conduct or assist for the position relevant responsibilities. The following is a brief description of the role.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of financial documents according to NRC standards and the Securing Supporting Documents (SSD) policy
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Support project staff in financial matters
- Check supplier’s invoices and ensure that the supporting documents meet NRC standards before payment, and ensure timely payments
- Assist in the month-end accounting closing process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the ledger and all supporting documentation.
- Ensure all documents are copied, scanned, filed and original is send to AO monthly
- Assist in preparing monthly financial reports and send all relevant documents to country office monthly
- Assist in ensuring cash in bank and cash boxes
- Ensure that all taxes and other government payments are settled monthly
- Follow up the day-to-day responsibility of managing petty cash and cheque payments
- Assist with preparation of payment vouchers for cash and cheques and ensure timely settlements of all invoices
- Assist the Finance Officer to perform cash and bank reconciliation
- Assist with payments of labor or other activities in camps or communities as required
- Maintain open communication with all staff and others for all financial clarifications.
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience from working as a Finance Assistant or Cashier in a humanitarian/recovery context
- BA in Accounting/Finance or similar field
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Knowledge of English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good knowledge of the area and context in Benishangul Gumuz Region
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Experience of working with large institutional donors is an advantage
- Knowledge of local languages
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job.
· Handling insecure environment
· Planning and delivering results
· Empowering and building trust
· Communicating with impact and respect
How to Apply
N:B-We will consider only those applications submitted through above NRC Career Link!