GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #0125/2019
As a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and international education work, GIZ – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit – is dedicated to building a future worth living around the world.
We have over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including rural and economic development, education and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Together with our partners, we work to deliver flexible, effective and cost-effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions. Of our 18,260 employees in some 120 countries, almost 70 per cent are national personnel working in the field.
As a public-benefit German federal enterprise, we are committed to meeting our clients’ high standards with regard to transparency and accountability. German and European values are central to our work. The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is our main commissioning party. European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector and national governments benefit from our services, too.
In Ethiopia GIZ has been implementing development programmes on behalf of the German government for over 40 years jointly with our national partners. The focus of our work in the country is on vocational education, sustainable use of natural resources, land management and food security, biodiversity and forestry. Further programmes enhance the development of a sustainable textile sector and renewable energies. GIZ- Office is looking to recruit a Junior Accountant as per the detail below.
Position: Junior Accountant
Application deadline: July 15,2019
Required Candidates : One
Place of Work : Addis Ababa
The junior accounting professional ensures accounting functions and systems are implemented according to GIZ & internationally accepted procedures. Supports in the Internal coordination functions within the Finance department.
The accounting junior professional performs the following tasks:
1. Managing the daily finance routines
The junior accounting professional is responsible for:-
- Process Program/Project vouchers in GIZ Accounting Software and make a monthly Accounts closing.
- Check vouchers of Programs/Projects before processing in the accounting software
- Make Reconciliation of Program/Project bank accounts.
- Make cash account reconciliations between Journal, Cash Book and Actual physical cash count balances
- Invalidate processed vouchers to prevent invoices from being re-used. This includes writing Voucher numbers on all supporting documents.
- Prepare internal transaction or adjustment vouchers for settling advances and correcting wrong bookings, whenever necessary
- Prepare Payment Vouchers for the GIZ Country Office
- Check arithmetical accuracy of invoices prior to preparing payments
- Support payment vouchers with all relevant documents and references
- Analyze accounts on vouchers and ensure that correct cost code is used
- Process International/Domestic travel claims.
- Process settlement of advances
- Process settlement of Accounts Receivables
- Follows-up on timely settlement of receivables
2. Internal control
The junior accounting professional
- Complies with GIZ Orientation and Rules and the GIZ Ethiopia National Personnel Policy
- All Finance documents are filed and labelled in accordance with GIZ’s requirement
3. General services
The junior accounting professional
- Process VAT claims and follow-up on refund
- Prepare Quarterly Tax Report for Inland Revenue
4. Other duties/additional tasks
The junior accounting professionalperforms other duties and tasks, as may be required
A. Required qualifications, competences and experience
§ University degree in Accounting and Finance.
§ Knowladge of English language both in speaking and writing,
§ A candidate with higher Cumulative GPA will have an advantage
§ Up to maximum 2 years work experience in this area
Other knowledge, additional competences
- basic knowledge of accounting software
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (E-mail, internet and computer applications such as MS Office)
§ Good Knowledge of English language both in speaking and writing,
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘ Junior Accountant #0125/2019’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers. Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.