The position : The World Vegetable Centre (WorldVeg) seeks to hire Assistant Accountant to give financial and administrative support for the Veggies 4 Planet & People Project in Ethiopia.
The World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) is a non-profit, autonomous international agricultural research center with headquarters in Taiwan and five regional offices around the globe. WorldVeg conducts research and development programs that contribute to realize the potential of vegetables for healthier lives and more resilient livelihoods. For more information, please visit our website: worldveg.org .
Project Financial Management
- Liaises with ILRI’s financial services in financial recording and administration for the Veggies 4 Planet & People Project (V4P&P);
- Integrated the project budget lines expenditures that are directly managed by ILRI, such as staff salaries, office rent, IT charges, bank charges, and purchase of vehicles, into the WorldVeg’s enterprise resource system (ERP) system;
- Consolidates financial reports received from ILRI and compiles monthly financial summaries;
- Monitors cash flows, initiated cash transfer procedures from WorldVeg to ILRI, and maintaind a positive account balance according to host agreements;
- Carries out correct recording of project expenditures and on time in the WorldVeg’s ERP system following accountant’s relevant checklist; ensures expenditures are charged to correct budget codes;
- Assists the Principal Investigator in budget expenditure monitoring and other analysis when requested;
- Ensures correct and up-to-date time administration of staff in WorldVeg’s ERP system;
- Seeks approval from the Principal Investigator and implement procurement processes of the project, in full compliance with ILRI’s or WorldVeg’s procurement processes, rules and regulations;
- Coordinates purchase/ requisition and distribution of office furniture, equipment, stationery, and other office supplies;
- Assists the Principal Investigator in drafting project correspondences of administrative nature;
- Sorts and files physical documents and electronic files for ease of access when needed;
- Arranges travel and accommodations for staff and visitors;
- Organizes workshops and different meetings;
- Performs any other duties assigned by the Principal Investigator.
Education and Experience :
Bachelor degree with a minimum of two years relevant experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferable with an International Organizations or Non-Governmental Organizations
Diploma in relevant field with five years of relevant experience
Knowledge in relevant field and relevant technical training
- Experience in using accounting software or ERP system.
- Ability to work independently driven by a desire to achieve results.
- Team player with excellent communication skills in English.
- Excellent computer skills in MS?office applications (Word, Excel).
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with partners and colleagues in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to organize one’s paperwork and archives efficiently
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with a wide array of personalities both within and outside the organization
Duty Station : Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Position level: HG 12
Minimum Base salary :
- Birr 20,499 per month (Negotiable depending salary history of the candidate)
Terms of appointment : This is a National Staff (NS) position, initial appointment is for one year with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. WorldVeg offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits in line with ILRI salary applicable for its National Staff. WorldVeg is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence.
Applications : Applicants should provide a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae including names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees and a letter providing a point by point response to the essential and desirable person specifications. The position and reference number: AA/23/20 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 23 October 2020 .