The Associate TTE will be located at the Regional Education Bureau (REB) to support the existing TTEs in strengthening the delivery capacity of the regional bureau to proactively identify and prioritise, resolve key challenges of GEQIP-E/TARGET implementation. With the existing TTE leadership, the Associate TTE will support the REB in strengthening the implementation of GEQIP-E programme through an outcomes-led delivery approach. S/he will provide capacity building support through training, coaching, and guiding GEQIP-E frontline implementers. The associate TTE will support a delivery approach in implementing the school leadership training for school principals and School Leaders Continuous Professional Development (SL-CPD) to put teaching and learning at the heart of school leadership and enhance school improvement planning and activity. This will involve coordinating, collaborating, negotiating and building relationships between Colleges of Teacher Education, woreda officials and cluster supervisors. S/he will build capacity in supporting the cascade of CPD for school leaders; strengthening strategic planning; enhancing effective data gathering and use for decision-making; aligning TARGET activities to the GEQIP-E annual plan; ensuring that information flow is useful and efficient . Specifically, the associate technical expert will also be expected to provide technical support for the emergency response activities in the region by helping to maintain educational standards and facilities in the areas most likely affected by COVID, conflict and drought. The TTE will also act as a technical backstop of the existing TTE to ensure the implementation of prioritised TARGET tasks and ensure that they develop this capacity in REB colleagues too. The TTE will collaborate with the existing RTTEs, the TARGET Task leads and experts, REB GEQIP-E frontline implementers, and other internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of TARGET technical assistance in the region. The TTE will work under the supervision of the existing TTE of the region.
With close supervision of the existing TTE, the candidate will have the following role and responsibilities:
· Responsible to lead the functions and activities such prioritising, planning, implementing and reporting related to TARGET technical assistance program under the four TARGET tasks (T1-4) with due focus on Pilar 2– (75%): Scholl leadership and CPD training as apportioned; as well as the provision of the technical support for implementation of GEQIP-E delivery using outcome-oriented and embedded delivery approach using Data for Delivery Model.
- Contributing to implement a delivery approach to effectively and efficiently deliver the TARGET TA programme with close collaboration and strong engagement together with the regional GEQIP-E frontline implementers to build and sustain expertise
- Working with the existing TTE, regional staff, GEQIP-E coordinators, MoE/ REB GEQIP-E frontline implementers, and TARGET team to co-ordinate data-informed annual target setting, budgeting, and performance management activities for GEQIP-E/TARGET
- Participating as a member of the regional GEQIP-E frontline implementers with a particular focus on strengthening the delivery capacity of the implementers and closely engaging the team to ensure the delivery of the GEQIP-E and the TARGET TA programme
- Providing capacity building support and technical inputs on TARGET TA programme delivery to Zones and Woredas specifically to TARGET Pillar I-Performance-based Delivery (Delivery and MERA); and Pillar II – School Leadership Programme (School Leadership Training and School Leadership CPD) prioritised activities
- Working in collaboration with the Task 2 and 3 teams to lead and maintain a clear focus on priority of strengthening school leadership training and CPD in close collaboration with REBs SIP and TELD; selected Universities’ and CTEs in the region
- Supporting the REB TTEs in the region leading Task 2 (follow up of the lead trainers, do regular joint school visit with REB and make sure that REB is embedding the NSLT as part of their plan) and Task 3 pilot and scale up
- Coordinating, monitoring and supporting of REBs, CTEs, Woreda Focal Persons, Cluster supervisors and School leaders to support the implementation of School Leaders Continuous Professional Development (SL-CPD) programme in the region.
- Supporting to broker and manage stakeholders that have been identified and selected to participate in the pilot school leadership training in the region and supporting the upscaling of the school leadership and SL-CPD pilot
- Collaborating with and managing the relationship and engagement with Civic Society Organizations (CSOs) which are implementing model interventions in the region
- Supporting the collection of data and information, and the monitoring and evaluation activities of TARGET programme
- Providing psychosocial support for children, parents/ caregivers, vulnerable groups in the region who are affected by COVID and sharing relevant information by conducting psychosocial needs assessment among the community, providing technical support, designing training materials, building capacity, and field supervision ongoing basis.
- Supporting the educational community who are living in conflict zones with respect to humanitarian contexts by helping to stay resilient while living in a crisis situation; coping with grief; coping following a critical incident; secondary trauma; etc.
- Advising on the response to immediate child education and ECCD issues with simultaneous consideration of long-term needs and possible scenarios.
- Facilitating and coordinating the trainings organized for the implementing bodies on various subject matters
- Performing other activities as requested by line manager and other Tasks.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in educational leadership, education planning and management, educational research or related field of study.
- Knowledge of project and results-based management preferably in Education sector
- Demonstrated knowledge on education and gender and inequity issues in relation to education and the application of gender/equity analysis to policy and planning in education
- At least 8 years of experience for Master’s degree or 10 years of experience for Bachelor degree in implementing and monitoring multi-year, multi-component education programmes
- Previous working experience in education project in Ethiopia at regional level
i. Experience in leadership and management of a team and stakeholders at regional level
ii. Outcome base performance mindset, results-oriented, innovative and delivery focused approach, with ability to strengthen accountability of others.
iii. Manage training, capacity building and professional learning for staff and implementers
iv. Promote data-driven and evidence-based problem-solving, and timely reporting, effective decision-making, demonstrable analytical and research skills and critical thinking
v. Show strong motivation, vision, ownership and commitment to drive system strengthening and transformation
vi. Able to provide psycho-social support, and others knowledges in alternative delivery methodology to help quick recovery of education sector from COVID-19 and conflict (if any)
- Experience working in emergency contexts
viii. Act as a strong team player with excellent relationship building and communication and persuasive presentation skills to senior officials and across a range of stakeholders
ix. Experience in working in teams of education sector (for example, at woreda or regional levels) providing leadership and management of primary and secondary schools
x. The candidate will spend 45% of the LOE on Task 3 related activities, 30% on Task 2, 10% on Task 1 and 5% on Task 4 related activities of the programme. The remaining 10% will be used as generic role for REB support, GEQIP-E and other HR/Admin related implementation. The LOE allocation among Tasks can be flexible during the implementation.
xi. Excellent written and spoken Amharic, English and knowledge of the local language(s) and culture of the respective region