About Paradise Valley College
Paradise Valley College is an accredited private higher educational institution, which has been providing its boundaryless service since 1997 E.C./2004 G.C. It offers TVET/Level, first degree (undergraduate programs) and Master degree (graduate programs) in various fields of study. The college is located 250 kilometers, southeast of Addis Ababa in Oromia Regional State, West Arsi Zone, Shashemene Town.
Paradise Valley College (PVC) is committed to provide equal educational opportunities for men and women, and does not discriminate any one on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, religious affiliations, or disabilities. The college believes that everyone has a right to be admitted and treated equally. It welcomes all who want to acquire knowledge and upgrade themselves through quality education and training.
The President, in consultation with the VPAA, shall appoint a Dean from among the full-time teaching staff of the Faculty/Campus with a rank of Assistant Professor or above, wherever and whenever this is applicable. The Dean is directly accountable to the VPAA.
Powers and Responsibilities
- The Dean or the Institute Director is the Chief Executive Officer of the campus, the faculty or the Institute, The Dean/the Director is accountable to the VPAA and shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Executes all decisions of the AC with respect to appointment and promotion, renewal of contracts, admission of students, graduation etc., in accordance with the rules and regulations of the University College;
- Proposes to the AC the establishment of new programs; revision of existing programs; dissolution or amalgamation of programs;
- Follow-up on the periodic review and improvement of curricula and recommend change to the AC;
- Coordinates the preparation of Faculty plans, programs and budget in collaboration with department Heads and submit to the AC schemes for the allocation of the approved budget among the various units of the faculty and follow-up the implementation of the AC’s decisions;
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the teaching departments and other units of the faculty;
- Promotes and coordinates research activities of the faculty;
- Administers and oversee the proper utilization of the physical and other resources of the faculty;
- Issue rules and procedures for the proper administration of the faculty in line with the overall policies and regulations of the University College;
- Makes sure that the policies, rules and regulations of university are well known to the staff and students of the faculty;
- Endeavors to establish good working relationship with internal and external organizations;
- Plans and execute schemes and programs that promote academic excellence and welfare of both the staff and students;
- Delegates his duties and powers as appropriate to the Associate/Assistant Dean or Heads of Departments;
- Submits an annual report to the President and the AC on the activities of the fa
- Carries out other relevant tasks assigned to him/her by the VPAA and the AC.
Required Number : 2 (Two)
Accountable to: Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA)
Female applicants are highly encouraged
- Master’s Degree and above
- Three (3) years and above in similar position in a higher educational institution.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should s end their brief job application that includes cover letter, CV, academic documents and other certificates, and copies of work experience via [email protected]/ [email protected] Other related academic documents will be checked in person when the applicant is invited for interview and written examination.
Send the hard copies of the mentioned requirements to the following address: Paradise Valley College (PVC) Shashemene Campus, Human Resource Office 04 Kebele, Near Tekelehaymanot Church, P.O. Box: 499, Shashemne