|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, November 26, 2021|
|Application Deadline||:||Tuesday, November 30, 2021|
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
• This assignment is part of the expanding agenda of the Drylands Innovation team around livestock insurance and collecting high-frequency information.
The consultant will support two projects:
• First, manages and maintains a team of contributors that collect weekly data from a set of households, rangelands, and livestock markets using a micro-tasking platform.
• The second project is a randomized control trial that aims to improve the benefits of the Index-Based Livestock Insurance product, sold by Oromia Insurance Company (OIC) in the Borena Zone. a consultant will assist and monitor research implementation of the project.
- Duty Station: Yabello, Borana with expected places of travel to East Hararge, South Omo and Addis Ababa
- Terms of appointment: This is a consultancy position; the initial appointment is for six months.
How to Apply:
• Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae.
• In addition to submitting CVs, applicants should indicate on their cover letters their availability between 2nd January to 30th June 2022, languages they master and their proposed monthly rate.
• The position and reference number: REF: C-I/31/21 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications are to be submitted online on our recruitment portal before 30 November 2021.
• Bachelor’s degree in sociology, social work, development studies or related field
• At least 3 years of relevant work experiences
• Proven community engagement experience and knowledge of pastoral production system is an asset
• Working knowledge of the Index-Based Livestock Insurance product is an advantage.
• Fluency in written and spoken English in addition to Afan Oromo
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|