We are a start-up feminist research incubator with an office in Australia and Ethiopia. We need a self-starter, who has a fast typing speed. You enjoy using web based applications and are open to learning new ones. You can organise events and have good attention to detail so that nothing is forgotten. You can arrange meetings, take minutes and get tea and coffee for visitors. You enjoy being helpful. If you notice a problem in the office, you will work out a way to fix it (not leave it for someone else).
As an international firm, we expect a high level of performance. There are many growth opportunities for the right person.
Includovate is a research incubator that designs solutions for inequality and exclusion. Includovate believes in designing interventions and using research to reshape the social, political, economic and environmental systems that perpetuate injustice. Via the process of ‘systems change’, we focus on complex issues that affect the poor and excluded. We adopt an action-oriented approach to change mindsets and structural conditions that keep unequal systems in place. The result is bespoke and manageable innovations that lead to lasting gender equality and social inclusion.
We model our beliefs. We employ people living with a disability in our business, as researchers, employees, managers and advocates. We firmly believe that diversity is essential to ensure our solutions suit the maximum number of people. The more diverse the problem-solving process, the longer the solutions last. Includovate leads the way in using emerging methodologies and innovative practices.
As a social enterprise, Includovate invests some of its profits into independent research. It builds the capacity of local researchers to lead, publish and improve the quality of the research performed in low-income countries. Includovate employs southern researchers to lead the design of solutions and collaborates with international experts who contribute to methodological excellence and theoretical knowledge. By helping more researchers of the Global South publish, Includovate shifts the power balance of knowledge creation to those with less power.
1. 70 words per minute typing speed;
2. Maintain databases, answer phones and check emails;
3. Manage online surveys and enter data/questions;
4. Transcribe interviews and code using software programs;
5. Download library resources and catalogue in Mendeley;
6. Liaise with staff and clients;
7. Arrange meetings and other events and take minutes;
8. File electronically and develop templates and write documents;
9. Other ad hoc tasks as requested.
BA in Business Management, Arts, Accounting or equivalent qualification.
Selection criteria: sills, attitudes and attributes
You will have a keen desire to learn and grow personally and professionally. Attitude and potential is more important than experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English, able to edit documents in English.
- Learns quickly and shows initiative.
- Your formatting and punctuation is perfect.
- Computer savvy and able to learn new software and applications, familiar with web.
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
- Believes in gender equality and equal opportunity.
- Able to receive critical feedback as a growth opportunity.
If you speak a third language (other than Amharic and English) this will be an advantage.
Immediate start (within 1 weeks). 4 month contract renewed subject to finances and successful probation period.
6,000 – 10,000 ETB per month.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to [email protected] before September 15 th 2020.
Or please click link below:
At Includovate we are committed to diversity, inclusivity and gender equity in the workplace, we seek to build an inclusive work environment where all employees feel valued and welcome. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance. Women, people with disabilities and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply. Includovate is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and your CV to [email protected] before September 15th 2020.
Or please click link below: