General Position Description:
- USAID’s Partner Liaison Security Operations (PLSO) Activity is seeking a highly qualified, native-level English speaker/writer to support the Chief of Party in the technical management of the project. The PLSO Activity supports USAID’s numerous implementing partners working on development and humanitarian projects in the field by providing them with timely security and safety-related information and guidance to allow them to do their development work more safely in an insecure context.
- The Deputy Chief of Party will provide technical guidance to the PLSO technical team, draft analytical reports on the safety and security context, and generally implement technical management as directed by the Chief of Party (COP). This is a very exciting and dynamic project with a passionate, intellectual, and professional team, in a positive working environment.
Main Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to and follow all technical guidance provided by the Chief of Party to support the effective implementation of project objectives.
- Responsible for report writing and technical editing functions for weekly security and safety reports, special reports on contextual issues, quarterly Activity reports, and other written documents as needed.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to the technical team as directed by the Chief of Party.
- Support all analysis conducted by reading open-source news sources, social media, and discussing with USAID implementing partners about their security-related challenges while operating in the Ethiopian context.
- Occasionally travel throughout Ethiopia as needed to support USAID implementing partners.
- Work collaboratively with the Operations Manager to support the tracking of all Activity indicators and support the Activity’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) functions.
- Develop new contacts and foster and maintain good relationships with IPs.
- Attend high-level meetings with the COP as required.
- All other duties as requested by the COP.
Education and Skills
- An Ethiopian national who has been educated in an English-speaking country is highly preferred. Native level English technical writing skills are required for this position, as this position will be editing and writing highly technical documents for USAID. The candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, with a master’s degree preferred, in Peace and Security Studies, Conflict Analysis, Political Science, International Development or other relevant fields.
- Native-Level English Speaking and Writing Skills Required
How to Apply
The cover letter should state why you are qualified for the position and why you are interested in it. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
All resumes and cover letters must be submitted by April 20th, 2021.