|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||International Rescue Committee (IRC)|
|Job Title||:||Economic Recovery and Development Officer|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, November 26, 2021|
|Application Deadline||:||Wednesday, December 1, 2021|
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Position: Economic Recovery and Development Officer
- Place of Work: Adama, Ethiopia
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2021
Major job responsibilities:
Project implementation support, technical capacity building
• Provide support to the day-to-day implementation of the project related to youth leadership/ capacity strengthening of one-stop-shop centers/ women economic empowerment/ creating social cohesion among communities, tanneries, and municipalities.
• Set up or strengthen community-based organizations to facilitate project planning and implementation
• Initiate and support village saving and loan association to improve the leadership and the capacity of women agency.
• Engage tanneries and community-based organizations to create social cohesions at the triple bottom line social, economic, and environmental development.
• Undertake detailed data collection and analysis about youth livelihoods and employment aspects of the project in the Mojo area.
• Provide capacity build for community members, local implementing partners, and small and medium enterprises
• Ensure appropriate methodologies and technical approaches are developed for all program activities
• Work closely with the project manager/officers/ other partners to ensure alignment of the project with the strategic plan and relevant theories of change of the plan.
• Support the development of Standard Operating Procedures and Mentorship Notes for program activities
• Ensure regular monitoring and modification of ongoing programming as required.
Project Monitoring and Reporting
• Prepare relevant activity donor reports as per agreed-upon schedules (monthly, quarterly, and/or annually) on activities, indicators, and achievements.
• Work closely and coordinate with IRC logistics, finance, and grant staff to ensure timely and compliant program activities and expenditures, including active participation in procurement, supply chain, grant, and other meetings
• Together with the project manager and Accountability and Learning manager/officers, develop and implement a full monitoring and evaluation framework for livelihoods and employment activities as well as learning strategies, and adapt them to the different program methodologies.
• Support the team to develop sound technical design and components of project proposals, business plans, and concept notes.
• Develop and maintain effective coordination and long-term mechanisms with external partners including partner agencies/NGOs, government departments and ministries, community-based organizations, private sector partners, donors, and others representing IRC /DAI positions.
• Actively advance IRC’s/DAI connections to economic actors/private sector at a local, regional and national level, seeking avenues for partnership, collaboration, and coordination of activities to ensure the sustainability of interventions
• Together with the team leader/team members, regularly engage internally and externally(especially with a municipality)
• Participate in IRC and working groups and communities of practice around livelihoods to share strategies, disseminate research and program successes, discuss implementation challenges, and share standard methodologies
• Support the sharing of information and learning across livelihoods-related programs
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
How to Apply:
• To apply please use the following link:
• MSc/BSc Degree/Diploma in international development, economics, business administration, law, and/or related certification.
• Minimum work experience of 1 year for MSc Degree holders, 2 years for BSc Degree holders & 5 years for Diploma holders.
NGO experience is a plus.
Required Job Competencies:
• Demonstrated experience in humanitarian response, with specific experience in livelihoods and enterprise development approaches
• Proven private sector experience, or experience supporting business and business skill development
• Prior experience working in emergency settings or insecure environments preferred
• Strong program/technical, team leadership skills, planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties
• INGO experience required, experience with coordination systems or advocacy preferable
• Must be capable of applying skills and knowledge in a range of capacities, including direct data collection and analysis, implementation, advisory functions, training, and the transfer of technical knowledge and leadership skills to others
• Proficiency in English, Afaan Oromo, and Amharic language is required.
• The ability of basic computer skills mainly, MS word, Excel, internet, etc.
• Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment.
• Flexible and able to handle pressure well, has a strong sense of humor.
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|