Please do not accept payment requests at any of the recruitment phases!
To achieve the desired results, Ethiopian Midwives Association would like to hire competent candidate for the following position.
Position: Finance Officer
Reports to: Finance Manager
Duty station: Addis Ababa
Salary: as per the organization’s scale
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Finance Manager and following the EMwA’s financial and accounting policies and procedures, the Finance Officer is responsible for the execution of all financial matters of the association. The Finance Officer plays a key role in the performance of effective, efficient and professional operations of the Finance Department /Unit and ensures that the highest standards of financial management to be achieved; the donors’ and the governments rules, regulations and requirement compliance are met.
- Responsible for income, expenditures and properties of EMWA are well accounted for and for the keeping of proper and updated accounts of financial and property transactions of the association.
- Ensure that EMwA’s financial policy, donor financial regulations and local government requirements are strictly adhered to in the day to day activity of the unit /department
- Perform towards the highest standards of financial management to be achieved; donors’ and the government’s rules and regulations compliance are met
- Participate in planning and implementing the activities of the Finance Department /Unit; and prepare periodic financial reports.
- Ensures transactions of different projects are properly recorded and entered into the System on timely basis as per the Finance policy of the association.
- Reconciles the bank statement with the recording and tracks the updates.
- Prepares journal entries and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary accounts.
- Prepare and facilitate payroll process and all related payments.
- Prepare year-end accounts closure and support the process of internal /external Audits.
- Implement the annual plan of the Department /Unit, including any special tasks or projects approved by the Management and /or Finance Manager;
- Support and guide Departments /Units or staff to integrate their operational plan with the financial plan and share financial and budget utilization periodic updates every month.
- Participate in the development and review of financial management, budgeting and control, property administration policies and procedures;
- Ensure that proper books of accounts and records are maintained in line with the association’s financial policies and procedures;
- Provide support for the preparation and consolidation of budget, disbursement /transfer of funds, budget variance tracking report and analysis as per the association’s policies and procedures;
- Ensure that goods received are checked for quantity, quality, and prices, against purchase documents, such as purchase orders, specifications, delivery notes and packing lists;
- Participate in reviewing store /purchase requisitions, receiving reports, issue vouchers and follow up their timely recording in the proper cards or registers /Fixed asset register;
- Support in standardizing the arrangement, shelving, location, classification and coding of the materials and other stock items for easy traceability;
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other Departments /Units, employees and other stakeholders as necessary;
- Perform other duties assigned to him flier by the immediate supervisor.
Experience: 4 years of relevant experience on similar /related position. Experience in l/NGO environment and/or working in donor-based projects are advantageous.
Competencies/ Personal attributes:
- Demonstrate commitment to the vision, mission, core values and goals of EMwA.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect.
- Self-motivated and highly organized, detail oriented
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure.
- Exhibit a desire to support a large number of people
- Strong team player
- Good facilitation skills
- Knowledge of Peachtree Accounting system
- Strong MS office and the ability to use new technologies
- Accuracy and preciseness
Desired Criteria (An Asset): Understanding of Financial software like HACT system, Navision, SUN system, etc.
How To Apply:
- A cover letter / application letter (not more than one page)
- A CV (not more than 3 pages)
- A one page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this.
- Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
- All travel and related costs should be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam or interview.
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted.