Internal / External Vacancy Announcement
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 12 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs relating to food security, climate change adaptation, livelihood diversification, and institutional capacity building interventions, with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. ERCS works in partnership with the Ethiopian Government, International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC), International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), partnering National Societies, members, volunteers and the communities we serve.
Key performance Areas
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls the humanitarian and communication activities of the Society;
- In collaboration with the capacity building work unit, initiate and develop/review policies, strategy, procedures and guidelines for Humanitarian Diplomacy and Communication and ensures their proper implementation;
- Provides technical support to branches on humanitarian and development communication, the dissemination of Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement;
- Develops and strengthens the relationship of the Society with stakeholders within and outside the Movement and makes synergized endeavors to promote mutual understanding and peace; Works on proper usage of Red Cross Emblem within the NS and third parties;
- Engages with the relevant Federal authorities in the promotion and inclusion of the Red Cross Principles and Values in the education and social system of the country;
- In collaboration with capacity building work unit, strengthen the capacity of branches’ staffs, volunteers and governance on the promotion and dissemination activities;
- Develop guidelines and training materials to disseminate the fundamental principles and values of Red Cross; Facilitate and coordinates press release on media at National levels;
- Conducts periodic monitoring and provide technical assistance on branches media utilization and take corrective action of any news and information about the NS on media including social media; as well as on issues of dissemination
- Facilitates communication and cooperation with concerned government and non-government organizations on awareness creation of promotion of culture of nonviolence and peace within the framework of the Society’s mandate;
- Promotes Red Cross activities for the general public through regular information release to various media, press conference, press release, disaster event communication, etc.; Ensures the qualities and standards of core publication materials;
- Organizes, in collaboration with work units, RC and humanitarian events, days, campaigns and field visits with relevant partners, stakeholders and media houses to inform, influence, persuade and mobilize supports about the works and achievements of the NS
- In collaboration with capacity building work unit strengthens the communications and dissemination team of the Society with the required skills, knowledge and equipment;
- Communicates ERCS policies, strategies, plans, and so forth, to internal and external stakeholders;
- Promotes the NS’s image and activities through mainstream and social media and analyze social media and respond to complaints and feedbacks; Establishes/strengthens public feedback mechanisms;
- Ensures the establishment of ERCS resource center that accommodate library, pictures gallery & various publications to enhance humanitarian and development research of national society;
- Coordinates the development of dissemination and communications training materials and guidelines to promote the NS mandates;
- Provides technical support to branches on dissemination and communication activities through planned monitoring, trainings and other capacity building schemes.
- Facilitates and liaises with local authorities, NGOs, CBOs, Government agencies to improve understanding of the humanitarian workings with in the humanitarian mandates of the Society.
- Engages with key decision- and policy-making institutions in the country, including governmental and non-governmental bodies to influence policies and decisions (including funding decisions) in support of humanitarian principles and ERCS strategic priorities
- Facilitates communication and cooperation with concerned government and non-government organizations on awareness creation within the framework of the Society’s mandate, vision and mission;
- Identifies new program opportunities in operational communications, safer access, branding, and social media usages for vulnerable communities through effective public relations and communications partnership with NGO’s, CBOs and other partners.
Work Unit :- Humanitarian diplomacy and Communication Service
Reports to: ERCS, Secretary General
Terms of employment: - Permanent after probation period
Grade :- XV
- Second/First degree in Political Science, International Relations, Foreign Policy and Diplomacy, International Law, public Management and, Journalism, Communications and Public relations, Foreign language and literature, Public Administration and Management, Social Work/ Sociology/ Social Psychology/ Social Anthropology/ Governance & Development Studies
- 10 /12 years of work out of which 5/7 years on managerial position.
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out online employment application form
With the indicated link https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/IyUTlyf1 before the closing date of this announcement on April 16, 2022.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled online application form . We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.