Internal and External
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position.
REPORT TO : Director, Human Rights Education
DURATION : 1 year fixed term consultancy contract with a possibility of moving to long term employment in line with the new organizational design
Purpose of the Job:
To perform the day-to-day activities in curriculum and material production by preparing and maintaining up to date data regarding the activities of the section and communicate with other officers within the section to facilitate work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the successful implementation of human rights education curriculum and content development and revision initiatives, performance improvement plans and service satisfaction goals.
- Work with various subject matter experts in generating ideas and contents in designing human rights education programmes.
- Collaborate with human rights education delivery and research and needs assessment sections to capture the learning and improve on the curriculum and content development project work.
- Support thematic teams in development of promotional and awareness raising materials.
- Contribute to the revision of existing human rights education materials.
- Work on the evaluation of outcomes regarding functional performance, internal operation, new innovations, environmental analysis related to human rights education, etc., from various internal and external sources to revise the human rights education content.
- Participate in discussion forum with trainers to have a shared understanding of best practice in human rights education.
- Participate in relevant working groups/committees and staff meetings.
- Contribute to regular reports of the section to the Director and other relevant organs.
- Provide advice and guidance to trainers on tools designed for the provision of trainings and the developed training materials.
- Perform additional assignments and delegations given by the Director.
Qualifications and Experience:
- MA/BA Degree in LLM, Human Rights Law, International Law, or related fields.
- 4 years of relevant experience for BA and 2 years of relevant experience for MA;
- Proficient computer skills.
- Knowledge of Amharic and English is required. Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: [email protected]
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam
The selection process will be solely based on interview and/or written exam
Internal successful candidates will be required to resign from their current position to take up the new role.