Enterprise Partners (EP) is a 7-year (2013-2020) wealth creation programme, which aims to support the private sector and Ethiopia’s economic growth, inclusive of women and the environment. By applying the Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach for sustainable results, it aims to facilitate market development in order to spur innovation and investment, creating jobs and increasing incomes for the poor. It does so with a combination of technical assistance and market facilitation in resolving market failures. EP is being implemented by a consortium led by DAI Europe, and includes First Consult, Enclude, ITAD and BCaD.
The EP pillars are:
· The Finance Pillar is expected to achieve the outcome of increasing investment levels in the Ethiopian economy, particularly for growth-oriented Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). This will include funding of green technologies where appropriate and develop funding for green growth investments.
In addition, the finance team also focus on the base of the pyramid, where market failures are being addressed to increase the usage of semi-formal and formal financial services by the poor.
· The Agro-Industrial Pillar is expected to achieve the outcome of increasing returns on investment (productivity) and investment levels in the priority sectors of cotton/textiles/apparel, livestock/leather and fruits/vegetables, in order to achieve the impact of creating jobs and raising household incomes. Additionally, this pillar will incorporate the promotion of climate change awareness and addressing women’s economic empowerment.
Enterprise Partners (“EP”) is looking for a multiple of Interns to work under its different sectors.
1. Labour Sector
Education: BA in social science, economic and law backgrounds
Skills: Team work and creativity
Good writing skill.
Education: Economics and related field
Experience and Skills:
· Knowledge of research techniques and data analysis
· Understanding of monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
· Competence in Ms Office, especially Microsoft Exel, and other statistical analysis software like SPSS
· Professional level competence in English Language
· Ability to think critically and lead discussions on intervention/project results
· 0-1 year experience
3. Compliance and Grant Management
Education: BA Degree in Accounting and Finance
Experience: 0 – 2 years of experience.
Knowledge in Grant management is advantageous.
How to Apply
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and applications that do not meet the minimum requirements and doesn't follow the application process will not be considered. Interested applicants should submit their application through e-mail as follows:
Please clearly mark in the subject line for the specific internship position they are applying for by indicating 'Intern Labour, Intern MRM or Intern Compliance and Grant Mgt ’ and email your CV and application letter. Please note that ONLY CV and application letter (not other testimonials) are required to apply at this stage.
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please.