Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #031/2020
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. GIZ promotes reforms and change processes.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on commission of the Ethiopian government and international donors.
The project Support is supporting the African Union in advanced education, applied research and policy dialogue in the field of peace and security through the Institute for Peace and Security Studies (IPSS) at Addis Ababa University. Since peace and security is a precondition for sustainable development, the project also contributes to sustainable socio-economic change in Africa.
Purpose of the internship:
The purpose of accepting national interns is to give students or graduates the opportunity to get to know GIZ’s work in Ethiopia and overall Africa, thereby conducting capacity development through on the job training.
The IPSS Programme Intern performs the following tasks:
- Knowledge management: Liaise with partner staff to populate DMS with required documents from project outputs and follow-up documentation of events. File documenting is in line with GIZ’s filing rules, treats information confidentially
- Assist with reporting and responding to external requests
- Propose and support design and procurement of GIZ IPSS branded materials
- Assist in planning, implementation and reporting of the project activities and research
- Assist travel management and travel settlement with the German Development Cooperation Office (GDCO) and GIZ AU office
- Handle properly the email communication and update the filing system daily in accordance with GIZ P+R
- Handle photocopying, scanning, binding and fax documents
- Attend internal and external meetings
- Translation work
Required qualifications, competences and expertise
- University degree (fresh graduate)
- First practical experiences in the field of international cooperation
- High conceptual skills, flexibility and team and communication skills
- A proven cultural sensibility. Ability to work efficiently and structured under time pressure and under difficult circumstances
- Proficient in MS Office products and working knowledge of IT technologies
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Amharic, German is an asset
- Good organizing skill / self-motivated
- Good team working ability
- Good communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non- returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: [email protected]
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and internship title ‘ Internship #031/2020’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categories applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.