Position: Monitoring, and Evaluation Officers
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Supervision of: None
Duty station: Addis Ababa with frequent travel to the field
Duration and type of contract: 12 months
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation officer is responsible in the monitoring, implementation and evaluation of activities through data management (data entry, collation, analysis, interpretation and reporting), developing, updating and maintaining databases and proper project documentation. The job holder will be responsible for documentation and sharing of key learning for the improvement of the different projects.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Build the capacity of staff through trainings and support for effective implementation of the M&E systems, including; digital data gathering, data quality management, routine data quality assessment (including data validation, follow up and post implementation monitoring
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting as per NRC and other stakeholders’ requirements and expectations
- Implement the CO SOPs.
- Ensure consistency of approach at all levels in the M&E in collaboration with programme staff using M&E tools developed
- Lead the data collection and analysis on the progress of activities over time and monitor results in terms of timeliness, quality and accuracy in line with the logical framework approaches(LFAs), best practice and project management
- Involve in project development and ensure a very good proposal is designed
- Support overseeing the periodic assessments including baseline, midterm and end line evaluation of projects in the CO programme as well as assist other projects in other area offices
- Liaising with AOs’ M&E and other partners to maximize the benefits of data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant AOs’ M and E, Programme Manager, Project Coordinators and Partners
- Support partners and/or consultants in conducting baseline surveys, mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Designing tools, checklists and schedules for collecting data at the input, output and outcome levels in association with the relevant programme staff and based on the changing needs and requirements the Addis Ababa Programme
- Undertaking data collection directly or in conjunction with programme staff as required
- Support in the writing and compilation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, midterm, annual narrative and end of project reports
- Prepare and report on M&E’s activities and plans of action at NRC meetings and other related platforms for information sharing.
- Preparing relevant data to prepare case stories and work closely with the Media and Communication team
- Carrying out routine field visits, visits preceding baseline and end line surveys to collect data for potential case studies, taking progress monitoring photos
- Update the monthly activity and/or output trackers in order to feed into the M&E component of the quarterly progress report
- Report the findings or trends from data analysis and identifying the need for further analysis or evaluation as required
- Coach and mentor programme and field staff in M&E methods as required
- Provide capacity building training on Project Cycle Management, data collection and analysis
- Share learning from M&E process and document case/success stories overall programing share with the wider team
- Work collaboratively with different programmes for strengthening integration and cross-learning.
- Any other duties that may develop over the duration of the contract and assigned by the line manager
Generic professional competencies:
- BA/MA/MSc in Economics, Statistics, Business administration
- At least two years of experience in M&E role
- Experience working in Multi sectoral and integrated programmes
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Have profound skill on Analytical and research.
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office.
- Experience on working with Data analysis software/programmes
- Willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, facilitation skills and writing skills
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- knowledge of English language both written and spoken
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Understanding of various donors requirement
- Ability to work under pressure
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect