KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
MEAL Area Coordination and Guidance
· Monitor, all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output; the overall MEAL system for the project against specified results.
· Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system and develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project;
MEAL System Development and Management
· Ensure well establishment and functionality of MEAL system across the project field office at ZED and WEO level.
· Ensure that regular monitoring/MEAL reports are delivered and communicated effectively to Hawassa Field Office and other relevant bodies in the national office.
· Provide feedback to the Regional Program Manager on project strategies and activities;
· Suggest strategies to the Regional Program Manager for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
· Provide inputs, information and statistics for monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports to Program Manager and Management Team;
· Participate in quarter, bi-annual and annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Program Manager in preparing relevant reports;
Learning and Knowledge Management
Technical support and capacity building
· Ensures all the required data related to School Readiness for O class program are well captured in the indicators.
· Works with the relevant staff to ensure that the School Readiness for O class program implementation data is properly captured, analysed and used for program improvement.
· Reviews the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of data reported from the SNNPR team.
· Conducts regular field visits to strengthen the data management at these projects in the Field-office.
· Be a visible leader in strengthening M & E for capacity building and being an advocate for effective capacity building approaches for regional staffs.
· Coordinate and provide technical support for sustainability and scale up of program activities in to non-target woredas and schools.
· Perform other duties as required;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSC in Statistics, education, Sociology, educational planning or socio-economic development
- Minimum 5 years of experience in management and leadership of development projects in the education sector (INGO work Experience)
- At least 4 years of experience in development of M & E systems
- Comprehensive understanding of education sector in Ethiopia; Successful work at various levels in the Ethiopian Education System
- Experience with Donor-funded projects preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting and research skills
- Excellent coordination, supervisory, and interpersonal skills
- Proven record in negotiating diplomatically
- Knowledge and understanding of technology, research, new trends and latest innovations
- Have strong computer background in Microsoft Access, Database Management and strong analytical experience in SPSS, and others statistical software
- Most possess excellent spoken and written English language skills, Sidamau Affo, Halabisa, or Gedeoffa
Other RequirementWillingness and ability to travel minimum 60% of the time to target schools, woredas and zones
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en