|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)|
|Job Title||:||Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer I|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, February 7, 2020|
|Application Deadline||:||Tuesday, February 11, 2020|
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer I
• Works with the center’s MEL team in the development and implementation of effective monitoring, evaluation, and learning system for the MOYESH program;
• Designs data collection questionnaires, trains enumerators, and implements the survey and supervises survey team;
• Works closely with the Senior MEL Specialist and Gender team to collect gender-disaggregated data periodically to set up baseline values and targets and milestones, establishes performance indicators, monitors and tracks project progress and its impacts on beneficiaries;
• Follows up the web-based MEL system and digital information exchange system and their implementation in collaboration with the information communication and data manager;
• Prepares progress reports, documents lessons learned and success stories, and provides feedback to program staff, senior management, and partners for timely decision making;
• Trains and provides technical guidance project partners to set up regular data collection systems to record project performance and indicators and maintains quality data;
• Organizes periodic learning and critical reflection sessions with program team and partners;
• Develops and shares MEL reports, analysis, and recommendations;
• Supports the development of the MEL system of related projects and projects under development at icipe;
• Identifies opportunities and constraints for beekeeping and silk farming and input use and technology adoption and proposes an actionable recommendation to reduce constraints and improve implementation;
• Conducts literature review, summarizes, and shares secondary data on beekeeping, silk farming, youth, and their employment status and other relevant data in the country in general and project target regions, zones and districts in particular;
• Assists to conducts mid-term and final project and program evaluations;
• Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
– Duty Station: Addis Ababa, with a frequent field travels to regions
– Grade: HG 13
– Minimum Base salary: Birr 35,492 per month (Negotiable depending on the salary history of the candidate)
– Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, initial appointment is for three years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. icipe offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with a competitive salary and excellent benefits in line with ILRI salary applicable for its Nationally Recruited Staff. icipe is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence.
The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus with dining and sports facilities that are located on-site.
How to Apply:
• Applicants should provide a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae including names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees and a letter providing a point by point response to the essential and desirable person specifications. The position and reference number: MELO/04/20 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 11 February 2020.
• To find out more about icipe, visit our Website at http://www.icipe.org
• To find out more about ILRI visit our website at https://www.ilri.org
• Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
• Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Development Studies, Monitoring, and Evaluation or other related fields technology
• Broad / specialized knowledge of methods, techniques, and processes
• Minimum of three years progressive experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL), impact assessment and socio-economic researches
• Experience in working on similar donor-funded projects in agricultural development in general and apiculture, sericulture, and horticulture value chain is highly desirable
• Evidence-based report writing and presentation (sample works may be requested)
• Experience in developing web-based data collection and monitoring platforms for project monitoring and report purposes.
• Strong knowledge in developing and designing digital survey questionnaires using CSPRo or other digital survey tools
• Demonstrated experience in implementing the survey and supervise field team in rural areas
• Strong skills in results-based M&E system designing including developing result framework, theories of change, log frame, and gender-sensitive indicators and targets setting.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and reporting skills in English
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel, Word, and Ppt) and STATA or SPSS is mandatory
• Strong data analysis and management skills using application software such as Stata, SPSS, ArcGIS or R software
• Quantitative and qualitative data collection skills using electronic tools such as CAPI, tablets using CSPro, ODK and other relevant applications
• Knowledge/experience of impact evaluation methods such as RCT, the difference in difference and PSM is a plus.
• Experience working with donor-funded projects in Ethiopia
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively to rural villages
• Knowledge and skills on digital survey tools (e.g., CSPRo, Survey CTO, etc)
• Data analysis and management using MS Excel, STATA or SPSS or R
• Evidence-based report writing and presentation skills
• M&E Plan development (ToC, Logframe and Result Frameworks, indicators, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills including in spoken and written English
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills for mutual benefit
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal English to express oneself, share and exchange information clearly and in a timely manner.
• Very good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and deal with multiple tasks at a time.
• Ability to consistently set and meet goals with minimum supervision
• Ability to work long hours without hesitations and manage routine tasks diligently
• Ability to generate new ideas and ways of working to continuously improve existing work processes, practices, concepts
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||ETB 35492.00|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||ETB 35492.00|