HEUC has developed an organogram that includes a VP for research and community service and four directors under this wing. The four offices will be filled through time. In order to conduct activities in relation to community service, training, and consultancy service, it is important to have an office working in these areas. The office starts in initiating activities in these areas, as activities will grow in the future, more staff will be assigned to run activities in these different areas. The office will have responsibilities in three different areas as follows.
Activities related to community service
- Assessing community needs that can be addressed within the capacity and specialty of HEUC.
- Creating linkages and finding collaboration with communities and partners
- Link with faculties and offices of HEUC to design and facilitate community service activities.
- Help and Coordinate community engagement groups among staff members ad students in HEUC.
- Closely work with different students' clubs and groups so that they can engage themselves in community engagement.
- Arranging and facilitating meetings with stakeholders upon request of the community engagement groups
- Organizing workshops and conferences on various community service issues
- Requesting and follow up procurement of items and facilities for community engagement
- Facilitating inter-community engagement groups communication on utilization of facilities
- Managing allocation of facility services to the community engagement groups upon request. Getting update from the Ministry of Education (MOE), Education and Training Authority (ETA), or any other government body regarding what HEUC is required to do render community service.
- Performing any other duty related to the community engagement, as deemed necessary.
Activities related to short term training
- Identify training and development needs of communities that align with the professional program we run in HEUC.
- Link and facilitate with faculties so that design and expand training and development programs that address community needs.
- Work in a team to facilitate training that is organized for customers in HEUC.
- Assessing the market, develop the costs and training rates for customers for different short-term pieces of training.
- Plan and assess the 'return on investment' of any training or development program.
- Develop an effective scheme for training that is outsourced in the case we don’t have the expertise in our community.
- Monitor and review the progress of short training to assess the satisfaction of trainees and for any feedback.
- Connect with relevant institutions so that they can base their testing center.
- Does other duties as advised by an immediate supervisor in relation to these activities.
Activities related to consultancy
- Assess the areas of consultancy services in the labor market.
- Identify potential areas that HEUC can take consultancy tasks from NGOs. Government organizations, and Private business organizations.
- Meet with faculties so that they can develop areas where they can give consultancy services.
- Follow and assess the bids that are advertised for consultancies
- Perform activities given by his immediate supervisor in relation to consultancy work.
Accountable to : V/president for Research and Community Service
- Academic and/or work experience related to community service, training coordination, and consultancy services.
- Experience with using SPSS and research activities with at least five years of work experience.
- At least have a Master’s degree in social science, business or any other related filed of studies.
How to Apply
Applicants shall submit their letter of application with CV, copies of credentials and three references to the Human resource office of our University College Lebu Campus or via email address [email protected] within 7 days from the date of this vacancy announcement.
Address; Lebu/Jemo-1 (around Lebu Medihanalem Church). Tel: 0118952338/0118959726 (Cell: 0974176600).