The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2019, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial, and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Political Parties' Liaison officer .
The Political Parties liaison officer will handle political parties’ complaints and ensures on time response. S/he by acting as a bridge to NEBE offices and political parties will ensure smooth and effective election transition.
Required number: Two
Reports to: Political Parties' Affairs Manager
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Salary: Attractive (Non Civil Service Scale)
Expected Start Date: Immediately after obtaining the contract
· To foster and preserve relationships with all major political parties and civil servants;
· Liaise with and handle complaints from political parties and constituency offices;
· Accept, review and report constituency offices and political party complaints to the responsible party and follow the process;
· Keep in frequent contact with political parties, polling stations and constituency offices;
· Must act as a link between NEBE offices and political parties;
· Respond promptly to managers, visitors and staff queries;
· Prepare and edit correspondences, communications and other documents;
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of events relating to local political issues, in general, and in particular;
· Manage incoming and outgoing correspondences;
· Prepare internal and external corporate documents for team members and visitors;
· Must guide and support political party candidates through the registration process;
· Responsible for collecting and organizing documents related to political parties;
• Must review and follow all political party’s compliances and give on time solution according to their urgency;
• Give on time solution for complaints concerning the overall election process;
• Ensures all complaints are resolved according to the law and the procedure;
• Cascade annual work plan from team plan ;
• Report to Management on timely bases ;
· Advanced University Degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in International Relations or Political Science, Management, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Office Management and related fields;
· A minimum of 6 years work experience;
· Basic Knowledge of the electoral cycle approach, election activities, election observation, stakeholders of elections (parties, observers, media etc.);
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel;
· Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
· Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality;
· Conduct self with integrity and function ethically;
· Strong communication skills;
· Excellent analytical skills, ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues to be monitored, formulate options and present conclusions;
· Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
· Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information;
· Outstanding Judgment and decision-making skill;
· Excellent skill of coordination and problem solving;
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively;
· Good negotiation skills;
· Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility, responsibility, integrity, team work, self-motivation, preparedness to work off-time;
· Ability to work with multi stake holders;
· Fluency in English and Amharic required
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references via email to [email protected] by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday and Half day on Saturday.
For more information and detailed Job description, please visit our job portal at http://www.abhpartners.com/vacancy-announcement-list or http://www.ethiojobs.com
Qualified candidates who fulfill the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.