East African Lion Brands is a leading FMCG manufacturing company in Ethiopia. Located in Bishoftu and comprised of three production facilities—Home Care, Personal Care, and Supplementary Food—the company’s portfolio includes Crown, Peacock, Vitex, and many other household essentials. East African Lion Brands is now hiring key positions to aid in the growth of the company, and a competitive salary will be offered for the right cand
Role and Responsibilities
The incumbent of the position is responsible for overseeing the local, and international procurement activities for East African Lion Brands. The position requires the planning of both international and local procurements, the coordination of resources to deliver business requirements, supplier’s relationship management as well as identifying, and pursuing procurement strategies that will further improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the procurement operations of East African Lion Brands.
- Is responsible for developing local and international procurements plans;
- Is responsible for coordinating and managing resources to execute procurement plans;
- Is required to ensure on-time delivery of materials for the continuity of the manufacturing operation;
- Is responsible for identifying and executing strategies that ensure effectiveness as well as the efficiency of both local and international procurements;
- Is responsible for identifying, onboarding, and evaluating suppliers as well as handling supplier and stakeholders relationships;
- Is required to diversify the existing supplier base by conducting supply market research using resources available;
- Is responsible for negotiations with suppliers to ensure East African Lion Brands interests are secured in all transactions;
- Is responsible to initiate as well as manage communications with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Is required to lead the local and international procurement team to assure smooth day to day procurement operation;
- Is responsible for setting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and measuring performance against the same;
- Is required to develop and improve procurement policies and Procedure documents;
- Is responsible for identifying employees' training and coaching needs and providing the same to build local and international procurement team capacity;
- Oversees procurement operation-related data recording and management;
- Produces periodic reports to the Supply Chain Director;
- Performs other duties as required by the Supply Chain Director.
Department/Group: Supply Chain
Reporting To: Director of Supply Chain
Location: Bishoftu with frequent travel to Addis Ababa
Transport Service: To be Provided
No. Required: 01
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply Chain, Business Management or any other related field
- Seven (7) years of direct experience in procurement or supply chain-related roles in the manufacturing sector. At least two years of total experience must be in a managerial position.
- Strong negotiation skill
- Strong resource coordination skill
- Team management skill
- Strong analytical skill
- Excellent proficiency in the English language.
- Knowledge of ERP systems is a plus
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above listed requirements can send ONLY detailed C.V and application letter within 5 working days from the date of announcement to the following Email: [email protected] .
Women are encouraged to apply, and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The Closing date for application is January18, 2022.
Note: Use "Procurement Department Manager " as the subject title of your email!