- Company: World Food Programme (WFP)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Contract
- Job category: - Procurement jobs in EthiopiaWorld Food Programme Jobs in Ethiopia
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is found in Addis Ababa, WFP Ethiopia Country Officer. The job holder report to the Head of Procurement, or the designate. Job holders operate with a high degree of independence, guide more junior staff to ensure effective procurement services including planning, organization and coordination, and setting objectives.
To collect, analyse and report on information to maximise efficiency of procurement operations and activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider procurement policies and WFP standards.
- Support or manage procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g., issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes to contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
- Track and analyze data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
- Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including suppliers, superintendents, companies, etc. to align procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed goods and services to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field, or First University degree with 6 or more additional relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience: With advanced university degree, minimum 3 years of working experience in relevant field OR 6 years or more related managerial work experience with first university degree.
Language: Fluency in both spoken and written English is required. Knowledge of other local Language is an added advantage.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- • Experience with procurement activities (purchasing, vendor research, etc.).
- • Experience conducting cost analyses.
- • Experience working with vendors or other partners.