Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing Technical and financial proposals for protection-related Assessments, feasibility studies, training, and project evaluations.
- Preparing training materials for Teachers, data collection tools, and training Enumerators for data collection.
- Lead the data analysis and draft report for any assessments, project evaluations and research studies
- Lead role in regards to continuous research and analysis of protection issues faced by refugees and migrants in the local context; and provide recommendations on strategic solutions;
- Define appropriate methodologies to be used and plan to access and collect relevant information, including developing tools and guidelines to undertake assessment and research;
- Collect and process information with support from the client’s field staff and implementing partners, including conducting focus group discussions and individual interviews, determining sample size and timelines, training clients and partner protection teams to execute data collection exercises;
- Support definition and oversight of strategic setting and management of national child protection priorities/goals and work with stakeholders to collaboratively design and implement appropriate interventions to achieve them;
- Draft/revise policies, standard operating procedures, guidelines and/or manuals, revised job functions and work process flows; advise on staff structures; and/or identify capacity building requirements for strengthening the child protection system;
- Initiate and/or carry out capacity-building of key staff members in specific care and child protection competencies, as needed;
- Work closely with the protection Team to review the country-safeguarding framework and its alignment with GEC safeguarding standards.
- Preparation of annual and donor reports as well as other documentation related to child protection programmes.
- Lead Mid-term and final project evaluations in the thematic sector.
- Develop concept papers and proposals in the thematic sector when needed
Education and Experience
- Social work or related field and extensive experience in child protection in humanitarian, early recovery and development contexts, legal services for immigrant minors, probation or supervised release, or other relevant experience. Training and teaching experience will be helpful for this position;
- Expertise in the methods and practices outlined in UNICEF and other INGo ’s Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action and the Child Protection Working Group’s Child Protection in Emergencies Competency Framework ;
- Ability to articulate and explain child protection and humanitarian core principles and practices to a non-expert audience and ensure their understanding of those subjects, as well as ensuring that the trainees are competent in implementing those principles and practices;
- Experience assessing NGO staff’s adherence to child protection standards and conducting child protection training, coaching, and mentoring using participatory and practical methodologies;
- Ability to assess the needs of participants during the training experience and modify application of themes as appropriate;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can share theirCV , cover letter, and 2 samples of any assessment/feasibility study report to: [email protected]
Note: Use "Protection Specialist" as the subject of your email!