REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) FOR: CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF THE STRATEGIC PLAN FOR THE PERIOD 2021/22
TERMS OF REFERENCE
DANIEL BUISNESS GROUP (DBG) is a holding company aspiring to become the strong leader in the food industry. Currently engaged in the production of wheat flour, Pasta, macaroni and production purified bottled water by the companies’ named Yamrot Food Complex, ASSH Packed Water Manufacturing Plc., and DYBATS Import & Export Trading plc.
The overall objective of this consultancy is to develop a Strategic Plan (2020/21-2025/26) to ensure that DM Business Group fulfills its business objective and continues to develop as a robust and profitable business company.
SCOPE OF WORK
The consultant will write a Strategic Plan for 2021/22-2026/27, outlining DM Business Group goals, priorities, organizational structure, and guiding principles for the company’s work. The Strategic Plan should include high level goals, activities and indicators of progress and should be accompanied by a realistic budget projection in terms of profitability of the company.
The scope of work for the consultant will include but not be limited to:
- Review and analyze existing company’s documents.
- Consultation with management teams of the company.
- Identifying focus areas, developing strategic objectives and key results through a consultative process and application of an appropriate tool of analysis.
- Proposing a strategy for achieving the strategic objectives and key results.
- Developing a Results and Resources Framework for the plan period.
- Holding a meeting with the company management teams to validate the draft Strategic Plan.
- Finalizing the Strategic Plan.
- Produce implementation plan inclusive of action steps.
- Selection of consulting firms/individuals will be based on technical competency including but not limited to expertise and experience in the area of conducting strategic planning
- Realistic and feasible financial proposal will also determine successes outcomes of the consultancy offer.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTS
Interested firms or individuals are required to submit the following documents
- A technical Proposal and a Financial Proposal separately
- A Taxpayer Registration Number (TIN) identification card for individuals, and/or a currently renewed Business License and Registration of Value Added Tax (VAT) Certificate for firms;
- Supporting documents of prior expertise and experience in the field.
- A Strategic Plan including a results, capacity building, and resources framework.
- Report on the process.
- A draft Strategic Plan must be presented to the management Committee in November 2021. The final Strategic Plan must be completed by December 2021.
The consultant will report directly to the Ad Hoc committee of the company. DM Business Group assigned staffs will provide relevant background documents necessary for the assignment and shall be responsible for the coordination of meetings and other activities under the consultancy.
- At least seven years professional experience in strategic planning and management.
- Knowledge of business practices, especially as they relate to business plan development, strategic plan development and other related activities.
- Knowledge of food processing and beverage factory related experience is an added advantage.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- High level written and oral communications skills in English and Amharic.
- High capability in translating complex data into written reports.
- Must be result-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels of enthusiasm, tact, diplomacy and integrity.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to conduct high quality business environment research, meet deadlines and respond to requests and feedback provided timely and appropriately.
- Experience and competency working with the company staff workers.
- Excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting across cultures and diverse communities with humility, integrity and respect.
- The firm should clearly state unit price in ETB including 15% VAT;10% TOT and/or other related cost.
- The company should provide TIN certificate, VAT registration certificate/TOT, business registrations certificates and Business License that have all been renewed and valid license for the current fiscal year and other evidence which demonstrate the organization is approved to operate such a business.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this role:
- Submit a CV/resume, a letter highlighting your relevant qualifications and min of two references.
- Attach a short plan for this work, including a proposed timeline and a budget. The proposal should contain a description of how the development and production of the new Strategic Plan would be carried out, a time plan, estimated number of hours required and total service fee. Please estimate the time needed for each phase of your proposed consultancy plan.
- One relevant work sample.
Applications should be emailed to [email protected]/ [email protected] within 10 consecutive days of this announcement. Applications not providing all documentation requested will be disqualified.