Addis Ababa with travel to the regions
April 10, 2021
The main role of the research executive is to assist in the design, implementation, analysis and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative market research studies and undertake desk research where necessary, ensuring that all findings and conclusions are clearly and accurately presented and fulfil the required project objectives.
- Participating in projects from commission to completion, including research design, questionnaire development, qualitative and quantitative research.
- Assisting in the planning of research projects, data analysis, interpretation and reporting the results, drawing conclusions and making recommendations where appropriate
- Assisting in the management of the research process for both panel and ad hoc surveys
- Assisting with the fieldwork for both qualitative and quantitative studies e.g. focus groups, depth interviews, etc
- Assisting in the supervision of data collection team ensuring that the research data produced is accurate through regular quality control checks
- Producing accurate, clearly presented and intelligently interpreted research findings to agreed time scales
- Carry out administrative and other duties in support of the studies being undertaken, for example, reviewing of procedures and I.T. systems
- Keeping up-to-date with research techniques and approaches being developed in the industry
Desirable skills and experiences
Specialization in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a similar subject, with 2-4 years’ experience as well as the following abilities:
- An awareness of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- The aptitude to undertake B2B and individual face-to-face interviews and focus group discussions
- Ability to manipulate, analyse, interpret and develop materials to support the communication of complex information in a client friendly fashion using written and visual presentations
- Good numerical skills and an appreciation of statistical analysis techniques
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written including report writing
- Ability to plan own work activities and be able to contribute to several projects simultaneously whilst demonstrating flexibility
- Team orientation and high interpersonal skills
- Logical and insightful thinking, demonstrating high attention to detail and pride in finished products
- Contribute to research designs to exceed client expectation
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software,
- Knowledge and experience in statistical analysis software, data visualization, mobile data collection platforms
- Experience of designing surveys and discussion guides is a plus
- Willingness to undertake continuous professional development, including private study
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) and complete the application form by clicking here .
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you have any questions please contact us with [email protected]