- Company: Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Contract
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) was launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with partners, GAIN aims at making healthier food choices more affordable, more available, and more desirable. GAIN’s purpose is to improve nutrition outcomes by improving the consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable.
About the job
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Senior Monitoring Associate to monitor the project activities of GAIN Ethiopia. This role will be on a fixed-term contract up to 4 years, subject to availability of funding. This position will be based in Ethiopia.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Senior Monitoring Associate will serve all technical aspects of the work managed by the Global Program Monitoring Lead and Knowledge Leadership team and will work closely with the centralised program teams.
You will be responsible for project monitoring and knowledge and learning leadership across GAIN Ethiopia’s portfolio of projects, ensuring that the projects are in line with donor requirements and expected outputs and outcomes. The Senior Associate will provide technical support to the field project teams to design, coordinate and implement the monitoring framework of the projects, primarily Better Dairy for All (BDFA) and Catalysing Policy Action for Healthy diets and resilience (CASCADE).
Key Responsibilities include;
- Responsible for the oversight of the in-country monitoring activities for projects in Ethiopia
- Supporting the design and adaptation of project monitoring tools and processes and supporting in the training and quality assurance of the project monitoring components
- Conducting monitoring field visits as required to ensure that project progresses are on track
- Reviewing and interpreting monitoring data as part of preparation for GAIN’s performance and donor reports and ensuring quality of project reports aligning with the theory of change and results framework
- Responsible for the dissemination of monitoring results to appropriate audiences, interpretation of data and follow-up / corrective action
- Overseeing and supporting the operationalization of project monitoring activities in alignment with project impact pathways and results frameworks
- Collaborating with the Knowledge Leadership (KL) team and Programme Monitoring Lead to improve / adapt monitoring tools and project result frameworks
The ideal candidate should have proven experience in supporting project monitoring and project management in international development, food supply chains, small and medium enterprises, and/or process control and improvement. You should have experience in the development and operationalization of result frameworks and monitoring plans.
The postholder should have recognized expertise in project/program monitoring and project communications. You should have strong communication skills, fluent in English and Amharic (both verbal and written) and able to work in multi-cultural, multi-lingual environments.
The ideal candidate should have proven ability to generate and deliver reports that provide useful insight into project details. Also, you should be able to use initiative, prioritise, multi-tasking and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
The postholder should be highly flexible and willing to travel frequently to the field. You should have demonstrated experience in critical analysis skills to extract key learning and effective practices from research findings.