Job obj ectives
To strengthen the self-improving and sustainable capacity of the SNNPR REB by:
- Interacting as a member of the regional GEQIP-E frontline implementers with a particular focus on strengthening the delivery capacity of the REB GEQIP-E implementers and closely engaging the team to ensure the delivery of the GEQIP-E and the TARGET TA programme
- Coordinating the TARGET Technical Assistance (TA) programme delivery activities to ensure GEQIP-E implementers i.e., REB officials and experts are receiving efficient and effective technical expertise to enhance their delivery capacity
- Implementing a delivery approach to effectively and efficiently deliver the TARGET TA programme with close collaboration and strong engagement together with the regional team and GEQIP-E coordinators to build and sustain expertise by modelling and guiding effective delivery practice
- Working with regional staff, GEQIP-E coordinators, MoE/ REB GEQIP-E frontline implementers, and TARGET team to co-ordinate data-informed annual target setting, budgeting, and performance management activities for GEQIP-E/TARGET
- Providing strategic capacity development and technical inputs on TARGET TA programme delivery to Zones and Woredas specifically to TARGET Pillar I-Performance-based Delivery (Delivery and MERA); and Pillar II – School Leadership Programme (School Leadership Training and School Leadership CPD) prioritised activities
- Working in collaboration with the Task 2 and 3 teams to lead and maintain a clear focus on priority of strengthening school leadership training and CPD in close collaboration with REBs SIP and TELD; selected Universities’ and CTEs in the SNNPR region
- Providing critical support for brokering and managing stakeholders that have been identified and selected to participate in the school leadership training in the SNNPR region and supporting the upscaling of the school leadership and SL-CPD pilot
- Ensuring an equity focus is maintained in strategic planning, implementation and evaluation of TARGET priorities and that the interests of the most marginalised learners are given significant attention
- Collaborating with and managing the relationship and engagement with Civic Society Organizations (CSOs) which are implementing model interventions in the region
- Supporting the collection of data and information, and the monitoring and evaluation activities of TARGET programme
- Supporting the REB TTEs in the region leading Task 2 (follow up of the lead trainers, do regular joint school visit with REB and make sure that REB is embedding the NSLT as part of their plan) and Task 3 pilot and scale up
- Taking the lead in Planning, coordinating, monitoring and supporting of REBs, CTEs, Woreda Focal Persons, Cluster supervisors and School leaders to ensure proper implementation of School Leaders Continuous Professional Development (SL-CPD) programme in the region.
- Providing psychosocial support for children, parents/ caregivers, vulnerable groups in the region who are affected by COVID and sharing relevant information by conducting psychosocial needs assessment among the community, providing technical support, designing training materials, building capacity, and field supervision ongoing basis.
- Supporting the educational community who are living in conflict zones with respect to humanitarian contexts by helping to stay resilient while living in a crisis situation; coping with grief; coping following a critical incident; secondary trauma; etc.
- Ensuring response to immediate child education and ECCD issues with simultaneous consideration of long term needs and possible scenarios.
- Facilitating and coordinate the trainings organized for the implementing bodies on various subject matters
- Performing other activities as requested by line manager and other Tasks.
- Master’s degree in educational leadership, education planning and management, educational research or related field of study.
- Knowledge of project and results-based management preferably in Education sector
- Demonstrated solid knowledge on education and on gender and inequity issues in relation to education and the application of gender/equity analysis to policy and planning in education
- At least 15 years of experience in implementing and monitoring multi-year, multi-component education programmes
- Previous working experience in education project in Ethiopia at regional level
i. High-performance mindset, results-oriented, innovative and delivery focused approach, with ability to strengthen accountability of others.
ii. Lead training, professional development and professional learning for staff and implementers
iii. Promote data-driven and evidence-based problem-solving, and timely reporting, effective decision-making, demonstrable analytical and research skills and critical thinking
iv. Show strong motivation, vision, ownership and commitment to drive system strengthening and transformation
v. Able to provide psycho-social support, and others knowledges in alternative delivery methodology to help quick recovery of education sector from COVID-19 and conflict (if any)
- Experience working in emergency contexts
vii. Act as a strong team player with excellent relationship building and communication and persuasive presentation skills to senior officials and across a range of stakeholders
viii. Experience in working in teams of education managers (for example, at woreda or regional levels) providing leadership and management of primary and secondary schools
ix. Excellent written and spoken Amharic, English and knowledge of the local language(s) and culture of the respective region
How to Apply
Please apply to the organization's website following the below link:-