Lawyers for Human Rights (LHR)’ is an Ethiopian civil society organization re-registered on September 19 2019 in accordance with Proclamation No. 1113/2019. The organization was established to attain the following objectives. These are: to enhance participation and contribution of lawyers in the promotion and protection of human rights through trainings, research and other capacity building activities; supporting lawyers across the nation and help exchange of ideas; information and experience for better protection of human rights, litigating human rights before courts and other relevant organs to ensure protection and promotion of human rights; contribute in raising awareness of members of the justice organs on human rights norms, standards and jurisprudence of human rights instruments; providing free or low cost legal services for victims of human rights violation particularly vulnerable members of the society; conduct advocacy for legal and/or policy reform that will contribute to the protection and human rights; and familiarizing the idea of human rights defenders (HRD) among the lawyers etc.
LHR, as a relatively newly established civil society organization has been highly relying on the above listed objectives and specific projects deigned to respond to particular needs on the ground. The organization didn’t have a strategic plan that would enable it to set priorities, focus efforts and resources, strengthen operations and ensure that employees and other stakeholders are working towards common goals . To this end, LHR intends to hire a qualified consultant to develop would work a Strategic Planning which will serve the organization as a tool to set policies and programs.
Objectives of the Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to develop a five-year strategic plan for LHR for the 2021 -2025 period.
- In developing the Strategic plan, the consultant in particular will be required to:
- Conduct a needs assessment from LHR members to identify key strategic objectives and create strategic map.
- Conduct an organizational review that assesses the strategic framework for the LHR and develops proposals for high-level business process changes;
- Produce a Strategic Review Report that presents the findings of the review and provides solid proposals of strategic plan for LHR.
- In developing the strategic plan, the consultant will develop a change management strategy.
- Define the scope and methodology of the strategic framework development process.
For more details and application click the below link:
Qualifications of lead or individual consultant
- Minimum Master’s degree in Law, human rights, social science.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in design and/or monitoring & evaluation of development projects.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of socio-economic and political context of the country.
- Excellent written and spoken skills in Amharic and good English.
- Excellent research, analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
- Understanding of Human Rights sector would be a definite asset
- Having knowledge of and/or proven expertise in participatory approaches in conducting assessments and facilitating strategic planning processes, and sstrategic planning document preparation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send apply through