EthioChicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. EthioChicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to provide one chicken per person per year through smallholder farmers.
Our purpose is making farmers of Ethiopia healthier and wealthier.
The Accountant under the supervision of the Finance Manager- Accounts receivable is responsible for supervising daily cash collections and sales orders.
Duties and responsibilities
- Check and confirm sales orders to all site logistics and sales team.
- Check sales transactions accuracy.
- Reconcile customer ledgers.
- Support sales and logistic team.
- Provide technical support for junior staff
- Ensure existence of sufficient financial documentation for collection and sales transactions before recording.
- Ensure proper implementation and compliance of company policies and procedures in place.
- Ensure CRV and invoicing are raised on time.
- Ensure customer ID is properly updated.
- Update and correct posting of collection and invoices.
- Monthly bank reconciliation for collection.
- Make sure there is proper filing of CRV and sales invoices with related attachments.
- Maintain records of unused pads related to sales and accounts receivable. (CRV, Sales Invoice etc).
- Assist on a monthly financial and management report preparation as required by the supervisor.
- Assists external auditors in providing the necessary documents as required by the auditors :
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to lead and support staff under his/her supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers/suppliers
- Excellent knowledge of Peachtree Accounting Software and ERP is advantageous.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments by ensuring completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
Qualifications and Requirement
- Degree in Accounting.
- Knowledge of Peachtree Accounting Software Mandatory.
- Excellent Computer Proficiency
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience.
- 3 months
How to Apply
Please title your application with subject line: - "Accountant".
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their applications(Cover Letter) including a detailed CV through ethiojobs.net or
e-mail: [email protected]
Women are highly encouraged to apply!