|Position Title||Asset Management Clerk|
|Duty Station||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Classification||General Service Staff, G3|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Posting Period||07.08.2019 – 21.08.2019|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Under the general supervision of Procurement and Logistics Officer and direct supervision of Logistics and Asset Management Assistant, the incumbent will be engaged in assisting in the asset management activities of Addis Ababa mission including sub offices and movement related to all assets procured in different projects throughout the mission. Particularly, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist Logistics & Asset management team on reception of all fixed and low value assets of the mission including IT equipment consignments, office furniture’s/fixtures, generators, vehicles…etc up on request.
- Enter relevant asset data in PRISM as soon as MIGO/Good receipt is done in the system.
- Assist to conduct bi-annually Mission’s physical asset inventory, update the inventory list accordingly and assist to send the asset inventory list to CAS Manila at the end of the year.
- Support in QR code asset tagging’s, implementations and scanning up on receipt of the assets.
- Assist in asset assignments and distributions in coordination with IT unit focal point and supervisor.
- Handle pending asset inventory tracking and reconciliation in the system and verify all assets are tagged accordingly.
- Provide relevant support in monthly reviewing of unacquired, unposted, unblocked assets in the system.
- Assist in providing a monthly report to Procurement and Finance officer a ZACL and list of beneficiary assets in the system.
- Prepare Asset Disposal Form (ADF) for missing and obsolete assets and obtain approval at the Mission and CAS Manila levels. Ensure the supporting document such as email and/or police report are attached.
- Follow up with program units and Legal department for active beneficiary assets awaiting a deed of donation and Deed of Sale (DoS).
- Support logistics and AM assistant on facilitating disposal of office used vehicles, unwanted/ broken furniture’s and IT equipment’s as needed.
- File relevant asset related documentations including asset disposal forms and asset transfer that endorsed by HQ-CAS Manilla and others like AAF, ARF and Loss/Damage.
- Assist in following up on assets insurances for mission’s assets and project stocks on due date.
- Assist the logistics and AM assistant in conducting annual asset accounting and maintenance process.
- Perform such other duties including logistics and warehouses as may be assigned.
- University Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Procurement and Logistics or alternatively, a combination of related education and experience in this field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience for degree holders and 5 years’ experience for Diploma holders, in Logistics and Warehouse work
- Experience with International Organizations & NGOs is desirable
- Demonstrated ability of working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied culture and professional backgrounds to achieve desired goals.
- Analytical, communication, interpersonal and advocacy skills,
- Good knowledge of computer management and applications.
- Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English
- Amharic and other languages is advantageous
Values and Competencies
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion & respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity & transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork : Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results : Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge : Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability : Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication : Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT , by August 21, 2019 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email ; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!