Kalub Microfinance SC is organized as a profit-making business registered by national bank of Ethiopia under the license number MFI/0047/2020 and under the Somali trade and industry bureau under the license number SM/ST/6/0004715/2012. Its head quarter is located in the Regional state of Somali. The Kalub microfinance Share Company intends to contribute its fair share to solve the problem of financial exclusion that is a major challenge to the development of the country. Access to finance is considered as an important condition for sustainable and equitable development of any country. Therefore, its main focus will be on serving those who have been excluded the privilege to benefit from accessing the formal credit system for utilization of their entrepreneurial skills to create value that serve themselves and the society at large The vision of Kalub Microfinance is to have people/ society free abject poverty among rural and urban to determine their future.
Thus, Kalub Microfinance is looking for competent candidates of Chief Executive Officer(CEO).
The CEO will be reporting to the Board of Directors. He/she will be in charge of the overall management of the institution, including providing clear leadership and direction to the institution, ensuring concrete operating and financial performance, recruiting and developing the talent needed to accomplish high performance standards and overseeing innovative operational systems and procedures. He/she will have main responsibility for achieving the ambitious growth strategy developed by the institution, and for positioning Kalub as a leading provider of high-quality financial services, and performs other duties as assigned.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Overall Management and Governance
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the institution by providing clear leadership and guidance to all departments of the institution, including: Finance and HR, Operations, IT, planning, procurement, legal, and risk management and reports the performance to the board of directors.
- Execute the policy, rules and regulations of the Kalub Microfinance Institution and policy decision of the board of directors
- Serve as ex officio non-voting member of Board of Directors
- Cultivate culture of cooperation and high performance
- Drive organizational performance, both quantitative and qualitative; achieve business plan targets
- Ensure effective collaboration with Kalub team under the Management and Technical Assistance Services Agreement
- Uphold standards of risk management at all levels and ensure effective supervisory control and management review
- Sustain the institution’s social mission and its dedication to financial inclusion
Management of overall portfolio growth
- Participates in evaluating, approving, or rejecting loans according to the level of his/her discretion
- Ensure saving deposit and withdrawals in accordance to the policies of the Kalub Microfinance Institution
- Focus on key initiatives of diversification of the service ranges, to better serve the core and new segments of reaching customers, new products and introduction of services
Strategic Planning and Business Development
- Develop annual, longer term plans and budgets, by incorporating input from the different departments and get approval by the Board of Directors
- Determine financial and operational performance targets for all key operating units
- Deliver profitability, business and market share growth strategies of the institution.
- Oversee the implementation of budgets and strategic plans, including oversight of fundraising
- Lead the MFI’s expansion into new geographic areas of Somali and in the country as well.
Human Resource and Talent Development
- Recruits staffs under his/her discretion level.
- Introduce an effective and competent participatory management style
- Set employee performance standards required to achieve short and long term objectives and goals
- Develop a strong and effective senior management team
- Motivate all staffs and ensure that staffs are dedicated to achieving given objectives
- Mentor and coach Senior Management Team
- Implement performance management system for senior management team
- Oversee and support the development and implementation of effective HR policies and procedures for recruitment, training and talent development
- Motivate all staff and ensure that staff is dedicated to the mission of the MFI
Communications and External Stakeholder Relations
- Inspires staff to achieve high standards of performance and disseminates a culture based on ethics, excellence and client satisfaction
- Build the MFI’s reputation as a company committed to excellent client services, both internally and externally
- Maintain solid relations with shareholders and external parties, including the MMSE, the Government of Somali, investors, and other business partners
- Ensure quality information flow to investors, regulators and other stakeholders as relevant
- Ensure that fund raising activities are done by assigned employees
Financial and Risk management
- Ensure solid operating and financial performance
- Deliver the level of financial and operational performances as expected while keeping risks under control
- Oversees risk management and ensure compliances with all legal requirements that affect the institution’s business,
- Identify various risks like financial, liquidity, credit, operation, technological, marketing risks and the like, and identify the risk gaps and propose recommendations.
- Provide clear leadership and direction
- Develop proposals for further improvement of operation, including concepts for new products and services
- ensure that the organization’s finance has been utilized properly to carry out major functions
- Manage, plan, organize, direct and control all the activities of an organization such as logistics, procurement, warehouse, property administration and the like.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities of the institution
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations
Community and Public Relations
- Serve as a Key Point of Contact with the community, also represents in community events, serve as a symbolic person, and promotes Kalub Microfinance Institution.
- Build and maintain Strong relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups.
- Responsible for Studying the organization's objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote products, ideas, and services.
- Updating and maintaining Web content.
- Minimum of MA in Banking/Finance/Business Administration/social science/Economics/Accounting/Marketing/Agricultural Economics/Management or related fields Or MBA in Finance/international Business/social science/cooperatives or related fields
- At least 10 years for MBA and 4 years for DBA working experience, out of which 6 years in a CEO Position and 3 years in a retail microfinance or similar financial services company
- Clear understanding and experience of micro-finance industry and retail banking.
- General knowledge of a wide range of micro banking products, including loans and savings
- Experience in leading an extended multi branch network.
- Capability and willingness to lead the organization forward.
- Advanced knowledge of retail banking operations, products and services as well as knowledge of standard baking compliance regulations, banking law, business law, employment and labor law, internal operational policies and procedures
- Demonstrated experience leading and building cohesive, high performing teams
- Ability to delegate effectively amongst teams and show commitment to the long-term development of the management team through coaching and mentoring
- self-directed, flexible and creative
- Commitment to the institution’s social mission and corporate values
- Willingness to be based in Jigjiga, with frequent travel throughout the country
How to Apply
1. Candidates who meet the above qualifications; please combine you cover latter and CV in one pdf flie and name it “Kalub_CEO_Your FullName”.
2. Send your CV, application letter and your credentials through [email protected]
Deadline September 7 2020