- Company: East African Holdings
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Purpose of the Job:
COO will provide leadership and strategic vision and is responsible in executing the company vision by putting procedures and resources in place to promote scaling and business development, optimize inefficiency areas in the company and coordinate with department heads. He/she needs to have an experience in digital transformation; process optimization/systems, DSS, data and analytics and most importantly E-commerce integration, a strong understanding of the operational requirements and insights into how to make things better. He/she will bring operational, managerial and administrative procedures, reporting structures and operation controls to the company. The COO will effectively communicate and foster growth among the executive team and all employees. This is a vital leadership role that will drive results, spur growth and increase the overall efficiency of the company.
- Provides management to staff and leadership to the company that aligns with the company’s business plan and overall strategic vision;
- Assists executive team members in creating, growing and building a world class, industry leading company;
- Drives company results from both an operational and financial perspective; working closely with the CFO, CEO and other key executive team members in the capital raise process, participate in the company’s road shows. meet, interact and present information effectively to the shareholders;
- Partners with the CFO to achieve favorable financial results with respect to sales, profitability, cash flow, mergers and acquisitions, systems, reporting and controls;
- Sets challenging and realistic goals for growth, performance and profitability;
- Create effective measurement tools to gauge the efficiency& effectiveness of internal &external processes;
- Provides accurate and timely reports outlining the operational condition of the company;
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes;
- Represents the company operation Positively at all times through a success-oriented and professional demeanor;
- Empowers the operational team with the leadership and resources they need to successfully complete operations initiatives;
- Works closely with senior management team to create, implement and roll out plans for operational processes, internal infrastructures, reporting systems and company policies all designed to foster growth, profitably and efficiencies within the company;
- Works with other executives on budgeting, forecasting and resource allocation programs to accomplish short and long-term operational goals;
- Measures and reports an operational performance and develop plans to improve relevant key performance indicators;
- Motivates and encourages employees under operational department at all levels as one of the key leaders in the company;
- Forge strategic partnerships and relationships with clients, vendors, banks, investors and all other professional business relationships;
- Fosters a growth oriented, positive and encouraging environment while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Prepares the function’s work plan and budget and monitor its execution;
- Identifies human resources requirements of the function and develops plan for meeting the requirements;
- Develops policies and procedures for the Function and lead in their implementation and continuous review;
- Supports the development of subordinates through periodic performance evaluations, coaching, mentoring, ongoing performance dialogue and feedback;
- Oversees the systematic identification of skill and competency requirements for the function;
- Manages disciplinary concerns of the function’s staff.
- Represents the Company in external relationships related with the Function;
- Prepares and submits periodic reports, to the Chief Executive Officer
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the CEO.
Team Management – skill required
- Strong leadership skills;
- Team player at executive levels to collaborate with business units and functional partners;
- Solid operational management and general business skills.
- Experience in discounting operations (like Cash and Carry) and/or retail;
- Africa experience in procurement, supply and marketing (category management) is crucial;
- Ability to clearly and accurately report to Boards of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer;
- Great communication and presentation skills and Problem-solving mindset;
- Understanding of business functions such as finance, procurement, marketing etc.;
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Identified short, medium and long-term goals are on-track or met;
- Explore decisions and implement checks and balances to eliminate risk to the company;
- Provide timely, accurate information and produce reports as required;
- Contribute to a culture of continuous quality improvement;
- Work proactively with the various disciplines in the company to facilitate effective leadership
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development;
- Ensure a customer focus and providing professional expertise;
- Others as agreed and set by the CEO.
- React to and remedy problems, emergencies and unforeseen events.
- Participates in the group decision-making processes
Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s degree in in Engineering, Chemistry, MSc/MBA or related fields with twelve years (12) years of demonstrated experience out of which seven (6) years proven experience working as Chief Operating Officer or in similar managerial position in FMCG industries or Bachelor degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Business Management or related fields with fourteen (14) years of demonstrated experience of which seven (7) years in similar managerial position in FMCG industries.
Communication & Work relations
- Internal: The board members, CEO, Group HR Director, Group CFO, EXCOM’s, Legal advisor and other Head of Departments.