- Company: Japan Tobacco International (JTI)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Communications Jobs in Ethiopia
We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom . We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from . It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business .
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It is why 87% of employees feel happy working at JTI. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, eight years running .
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
The ideal candidate is responsible to plan, lead and coordinate the company internal and external communication initiatives. The incumbent is expected to work hand in hand with Corporate Communications Manager, Corporate Affairs and Communications team as well as other department team to support and advise their business unit’s communication needs.
- Support Leadership communications through preparing Company Newsletter content, talking points and key messages; regular media monitoring, arranging, and coordinating events, and leading employee engagement Communication initiatives,
- Develop and implement communications strategies as per the business needs
- Develop detailed knowledge of the company’s policies, principles, and strategies, and keep up to date with relevant developments.
- Work with key internal stakeholders to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
- Build and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other markets and global functions to develop a market strategy that reflects the local business operations.
- Support the implementation of the Communications Plan by engaging internally with employees and handling external communication initiatives that the company undertakes.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or any related field
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in public relations, marketing and communications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills both in Amharic and English.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, and related business and communication tools.
- Content writing experience and proven social media and networking expertise.
With demonstrated characteristics of
- Exceptional public speaking and writing skills,
- Strategic thinking with meticulous attention to detail,
- Working well under pressure, and meeting deadlines,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment,
- Innovative, organized, and self-motivated with a keen interest in driving strategic messages to key internal and external stakeholders