- Company: Jotun Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Oromia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Ethiopia
Jotun has been present in the Middle East since 1962 and has expanded across the region to include 15 companies across the Middle East, India and Africa region. Throughout our history, we have focused on providing our employees with learning and development opportunities and offering them meaningful and challenging work, guided by our four values of Care, Loyalty, Respect and Boldness.
Ethiopia has become the fastest growing country in the world, with an impressive average growth of 11 % for the last 14 years. Through their Growth and Transformation plan, they aim to be a middle-income country and the leading manufacturing hub of Africa by 2025, with a population of 109 million.
To establish our presence in Ethiopia and moving forward with our business potential journey, we will be hiring a Customer Service Executive to be a member of our operations team.
The position shall report to Supply Chain Manager (Jotun Ethiopia) and will be based in our factory in Adama Industrial Park, Adama, Oromia Region, Ethiopia.
Duties and responsibilities
- Execute customer’s orders by processing and coordinating closely among the operations departments for order processing and delivery flow to ensure good and efficient customer service is provided.
- Perform invoicing of Customers’ orders in an accurate and efficient manner and respecting local laws and Jotun procedures.
- Coordinate the activities within the Customer Service Department assuring that the Customer orders are processed in a timely and efficient manner, promoting lean solutions and best practices.
- Follow up Customers’ complaints to ensure they are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner by issuing investigation tasks followed by conclusion input and raising requests for return notes and credit notes where required.
- Actively handle customers’ inquiries through e-mail, telephone or face to face in a timely and professional manner in order to provide a high-quality customer service.
- Handle customer complaints effectively by quickly understanding the issue and coming up with sound solution in order to increase customer’s satisfaction
- Verify, enter and review system prices accurately with the customer’s purchase orders and sales orders.
- Communicate with sales and customers to verify that all details are correct and clear up any missing details or inconsistencies on orders.
- Monitor daily follow up of orders and change dates if applicable to achieve correct backlog and OTIF.
- Handle approved Sales Returns with appropriate information on charges and create credit note when required.
We can offer
- Extensive opportunities for professional and personal development, both through on-the-job training and Jotun Academy.
- A friendly and supportive working environment.
- An international corporate culture founded on our four values; Care, Respect, Loyalty, and Boldness.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar position, any working experience in global companies would be preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Fluent in English and Amharic is preferred.
- Uses a methodical and systematic approach; plans ahead, defines clear priorities and allocates resources effectively.
- Acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results.
- Quickly understands and analyzes complex issues and problems; comes up with sound and rational judgments.
- Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively.
- Co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; supports others in the pursuit of team goals.
- Adheres to company rules and procedures; executes plans with commitment and determination; achieves high quality results.