About Frontier i : Frontier i Consult PLC, based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with a branch office in Berlin, Germany, is one of the leading consulting firms in Ethiopia. The firm was established in 2008 primarily to undertake research and consulting activities in several areas of development and disciplines to governmental and non-governmental organizations, as well as bilateral and multilateral institutions.
Frontier i is home to talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. As such, the company has assembled competent professionals and works in partnership with scholars across the country and abroad. (For further information, please visit our website at: www.frontieri.com ).
To realize its vision and mission, Frontier i is now aiming to transform itself and increase its global presence. It’s geared to build a more robust business model in East Africa and beyond that cuts across the traditional modus operandi. To this end, the company would like to appoint a Data Analyst at Frontier i .
General Duties and Responsibilities of the Data Analyst:
- Identifying relevant data sources for business needs
- Organizing data in to usable formats
- Building predictive models
- Building machine learning algorithms
- Enhancing the data collection process
- Design applications to capture survey data
- Processing, cleansing & verifying of data
- Analyzing data for trends and patterns and to find answers to specific questions
- Setting up data infrastructure
- Develop, implement and maintain databases
- Assess quality of data and remove or clean data
- Generating information and insights from data sets and identifying trends and patterns
- Preparing reports for executive and project teams
- Create visualizations of data
Qualification and Experience:
- PhD, MSc in IT, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related
- Minimum of 7 years direct experience for MSc holders and 5 years’ experience for PhD in data analysis
- Experience working in International organization, NGO and research and consultancy sector.
- English Communication skills
- Strong mathematical & numeracy skills
- Intermediate understanding of databases such as SQL Server, Oracle and SAP.
- Understanding of reporting & data visualization tools such as Business Objects, PowerBi and Tableau.
- Experience on SPSS, STATA or R
- Experience on SurveySolution, Survey CTO, CSPro or ODK
- Experience on Apache Hadoop or Spark
- Digital marketing analytics tools including Google 360, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Adobe Marketing Suite
- Excellent analytical skills - the ability to identify trends, patterns and insights from data
- Strong attention to detail
- Presentation skills – ability to write and speak clearly to easily communicate complex ideas in a way that is easy to understand
- Problem solving skills
How to Apply
Candidates who are interested and fulfill the requirements shall submit their applications/motivation letters along with their updated CV via email at; [email protected] by mentioning the position title on the subject line.