All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships. NRC is fully committed to promoting equality and eliminating all forms of discrimination for our staff. This means that as an integral part of the way we work; NRC seeks to ensure that there is an inclusive and diverse workforce that provides a female friendly workplace.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the CC Project. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
· Coordinate the education activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans;
· Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements;
· Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities;
· Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans;
· Coordinate with relevant partners;
· Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures;
· Train and develop team;
· Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required;
· Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities.
· Identifying training needs of teachers/instructors and monitoring of them in the YEP Methodology;
· Supervision and Training of Centre Management Committee;
· Coordination of activities within and between YEP Centres and accelerated learning Centres;
· Collecting and compiling monthly reports from teachers, instructors and Centre Administrators;
· Supervises and directly monitors sales of skills end products and usage of petty cash;
· Assist in compiling the monthly report to be submitted to the AM;
· Liaison with relevant authorities and communities at field and sub office level;
· Identification and registration of learners (database);
· Updating learners’ and teachers’ data base;
· organizing and conducting training and monthly workshops and necessary in-service training for teachers, instructors and Centre leader;
· Supervision and monitoring of teachers, instructors and Centre leaders regularly with specific focus on the skills training instructors;
· Identifying and coordinating education /training centres’ logistic needs;
· Liaises with the Centre Management Committee (CMC) during follow up of learners and in mobilizing local resources to facilitate training;
· Conduct assessment to identify gaps and challenges in the implementation of programs and come up with improvement plans;
· Conduct performance management to supervises at least four times in a year;
· Carryout any additional tasks assigned by the line supervisors.
Qualifications and Competences:
Generic professional competencies:
- Bachelor of Arts in Education/ Pedagogy, education planning and management and other related field of study
- Three years’ experience from working as a project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Experience in EiE and primary education system is an advantage
- Fluent speaking and writing of English.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in Amharic and Afan Oromo
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
Behavioral & Personal Competencies:
- Planning and delivering results
- Self-starter, highly motivated
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
How to Apply
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through OR www.webcruiter.no (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by May 5, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”