|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Plan International|
|Job Title||:||Emergency Information Management Specialist|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, April 24, 2020|
|Application Deadline||:||Friday, May 1, 2020|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
Position: Emergency Information Management Specialist
• Assist the development of an Information Management Strategy. Define the objectives / goals of information management for emergency preparedness and response, and then devise an action plan at each stage of the information management cycle (information requirements / data, data collection, processing, analysis, diffusion) to achieve all the objectives previously established;
• Help identify information requirements to ensure that information needed to support humanitarian operations.
• Assist in the development standard multi-sectoral assessment forms (situation analysis, rapid and monitoring) to be used by stakeholders in their data collection.
• Provide training on the use of standard forms;
• Assist in the development and improvement of existing report templates;
• Facilitate an Information Management awareness Workshop organized to stakeholders who have an active role in managing information. The aim of the workshop is awareness of the importance of information management and the role of each one in this process;
• In close collaboration with the relevant staff, determine the primary data and information elements that are required internally and externally to support humanitarian decision making;
• Support the strategic and operational decisions of processing and analysing data and information and present it in the format most useful for its analysis (eg reports, maps);
• Together with other relevant staff, design and implement a structured dissemination plan for all products and information services (eg, reports, data, maps) through, for example, a hard copy, CD-ROMs and websites;
• Ensure Refugee and IDP Response stories, photographs and videos are developed and plan's external website and social media are regularly updated with that information;
• Manage Contents: upload Refugee and IDP Response edited texts, diversified and high quality and hi-res images and videos on Plan International Ethiopia website and Media bank for wider dissemination and use of information;
• Develop a contextualized web and social media strategy for plan international Ethiopia’s’ Refugee and IDP Response and follow up for proper implementation;
• Design and layout of digital and print materials for plan international Ethiopia’s’ Refugee and IDP Response programs and events (Flyers, posters, banners, collaterals, invitations, postcards, newsletters, newspaper ads, etc.) and
• Execute digital photography and video work with ethical manner: take hi-res photographs and short video segments, editing for publication, printing, backup and cataloguing for Internal and external usage; Ensure consent is sought for all images and video footages and adhering to Plan International Child protection guideline for Photography and Videography;
• Contribute to the establishment of knowledge & information management systems where the necessary Country Program Information Refugee and IDP Response is well documented and shared internally and externally as necessary;
• Provide trainings and orientations to Refugee and IDP Response staff on the use of social media, photography;
• Liaising with other function Refugee and IDP Response staff to determine their requirement and need;
• Liaising with external printers on a regular basis to ensure materials is printed to the highest quality; Travel to different program areas and project sites depending on assignments;
• Shall perform any other duties as assigned by the Humanitarian Director and/or the CD.
• Represent Plan International Ethiopia and liaise with government stakeholders, donors, local and international NGOs and any other relevant stakeholders.
• Clearly promote of child protection across the work of participants.
• Work in close coordination with Emergency Response Lead to ensure effective design and implementation of information materials.
• Externally: Medium and high-level of contacts: The person will be representing Plan International Ethiopia in its communication work and will interact with the media, partners, printing houses and relevant 1/NG0s.
• Internally: High level: work closely with the communication and Marketing Manager; Campaign Coordinator; Programme Area Communication and Marketing Officers, Roving Communication Coordinator; Program team members at CO and PAs, Collaborate with RESA office and IH Print and Digital designer and web editor
Child Protection and Gender Equality Accountabilities
• Demonstrate commitment to Plan’s child protection policy through implementing the policy in its entirety, and report any actual or potential risk situations following the reporting procedures, being aware of abuse and risks to children, being vigilant, becoming familiar with the Child Protection.
• Child protection and gender equality policies are understood by the staff and partners.
• Support partners in understanding plans’ gender equality strategy and program criteria and capacity building activities on gender as part of the regular work at field level.
• Ensure the representation of Plan Ethiopia in their respective region from gender equality perspectives.
The closing date for the application is May 01, 2020.
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
• Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and
• Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
How to Apply:
• To apply please use the following link:
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
• B.A/MA Degree in Computer Science, Information Management or related field from a recognized educational institution
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in information management or a related field
• Previous experience on using social media and website or managing online communication;
• Experience of photos, still and video editing preferred;
• Hands-on experience of social media platforms eg. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, preferably also of blogging;
• Understanding of the principle behind social media, and their potential to deliver interactive communications;
• Knowledge of humanitarian principles, Migration Policy, Refugee law and its application.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, training and facilitation skills
• Awareness of child protection issues
• Sensitivity to gender and child protection.
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritizing to meet tight deadlines.
Skills Specific to the Post
• Image and video editing skills
• Computer Proficiency in MS Word, EXCEL, publisher, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Access. adaptable and able to pick up new techniques;
• Excellent skill in layout and design;
• Good written verbal communication skill-able to explain complex issues in clear simple language; excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
• Excellent level of integrity, flexibility, innovation and team work.
• Fluency in written and spoken Amharic and English is essential.
• Strong coordination, networking and advocacy skills
• Team building
• Excellent verbal and written language skills in English
• Listens & communicates effectively
• Acts with high degree of integrity and professionalism
• Ability to deals with situations and issues proactively and persistently
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|