2. General Purpose of the Job:
This position is responsible for planning, coordinating and leading the import, export and sales activities efficiently to achieve company goals in terms of increased sales volume, increased revenue, and customer satisfaction.
3. Duties and Responsibilities
· Plan, organize, direct, and control overall activities of the department.
· Develop export & import plan, strategies and ensure their proper implementation
· Develop annual import and export sales plan and implement after approval by higher Management
· Coordinate with Business Development and Marketing Department in conducting local & international market research; analyzing international marketing forces related to company’s product; and identifying market opportunities and marketing intelligence.
· Find new markets for goods and negotiate with suppliers and offer competitive price to buyers
· Design, evaluate and renew all purchase and sales contracts as per requirement and monitor all import/export activities and recommend changes if required.
· Make sure that the required letters of credits are opened in our company favour in line with terms and conditions stated in sales/ purchases contract.
· Ensure that cargo for export is prepared and dispatched timely and arrived safely to port of destination and goods ordered for import are delivered on schedule and cleared from port and custom timely.
· Ensure that sales proceeds from export commodities are paid timely from our buyers and credited to our account on time basis.
· Ensure that all documents required to open import letter of credit are prepared , compiled and submitted to opening bank on schedule
· Manage and lead the sales outlets and sales persons and ensure that goods are sold based on company’s price strategy and price policy.
· Identify and attend local & international business conferences, exhibition, and trade fairs.
· Develop strong relationship within the supply chain to explore existing supplier and buyer base and possible commercial sales relationships.
· Design all standard export & import operation procedures and ensure compliance to national & international regulations.
· Oversee efficient working of employees of import and export department and manage all communication with customers and vendors.
· Coordinate with finance Department to ensure that payments related to import and export charges are settled on time.
· Liaise with Customs, Inland Revenue, Banks, Shipping Lines, and other pertinent government offices with regard to export, import, and other related issues.
· Periodically conduct performance evaluation of staff under his/her supervision;
· Provide training and support to Department members to enhance their skills in performing their duties.
· Prepare and submit periodic performance report of the department to the Deputy General Manager-operations.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: BA/MBA in Marketing Management/ Management/Economics.
Experience: 8years of experience for BA or 6 for MBA in managerial activities in import and export related industry, out of which 2 years are at managerial level or 2 years as Export Team leader or Import and Sales Team leader in Yibelu Mossiewa Import and Export.
4.3 Skill/Special training:
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Through knowledge of import/export activities.
· Strong communication skills.
· Solid background in salesmanship.
How to Apply
Interested and Qualified applicants can send their CV with [email protected]