- Developing publicity and fundraising strategies and plans
- Researching and approaching trusts, government agencies and other bodies that could potentially make grants to the organization
- Maintaining relation existing donors and stakeholders for sustained collaboration
- Budgeting annual incoming and outgoing funds
- Writing proposals that could attract funding, including applications for grants
- writing and producing presentations and press releases
- Recruiting, organizing and managing volunteers
- Work with the fundraising team to produce and distribute fundraising promotional materials
- Making use of digital and virtual platforms to communicate the public and specific targets online, via the media, through direct mail, and the production of articles, leaflets, ‘in-house' journals, reports, publicity brochures, information for web sites and promotional photos and videos etc.
- Planning, overseeing, and coordinating events and campaigns
- Recording, monitoring and reporting fundraising progress
- One year with possibility of extension
- First Degree or equivalent in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Management, or in other related fields obtained from recognized university/institution
- Relevant experience of more than three years in the area of raising funds/mobilizing resources
- Communication skills: writing dynamic funding proposals and inspiring people to commit to the cause in question.
- Interpersonal skills: constantly interacting with people, persuading them of the value of the organization and its work.
- Research skills and attention to details: sourcing information and statistics, researching trends, assessing costs.
- Creativity: idea generation is very important
- Resilience and flexibility: as the job is tough
- Good IT and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Ability to work independently and produce excellent results
How to Apply