The Incubation Coordinator will be the prime contact person for young entrepreneurs and responsible for managing the operations, planning, marketing and development of the Start-Up Incubators. The incubation centres will provide entrepreneurship training, offer support in the development and founding of a business, and develop recommendations to strengthen entrepreneurship training within the existing curricula of the vocational education system.
The Incubator Manager will be completely responsible for leading the incubator operations. This would be inclusive of the following:
- Overall planning the activities, resources, budgets and operations of the Incubator.
- Pre-incubation: Screening of proposals, Research, working with entrepreneurs on their proposals, resenting proposals to the next level for selecting incubates.
- Support to youth in preparation of business plans, market research preparation, and assist in formulation of business models and keep track of the incubation process. Guide & support start-ups for fundraising activity.
- Mentoring and coaching of young entrepreneurs.
- Develop; implement new initiatives for incubation service offerings to young entrepreneurs & start-ups.
- Events and workshops: Plan various workshops/events/webinars for the Incubator, and execute the same with the help of team members.
- Mentor Network: Develop the mentor network for the Incubator and work with them to make the Incubated venture successful.
- Partnerships: Forge partnerships with other organizations for providing services to the incubator; marketing the incubator, sponsorships…etc. Liaison with the government and relevant companies.
- Marketing the Incubator: Be the face of the Incubator and actively promote it through various channels etc.
- Administration of the Incubator and any other activities which requires the manager’s involvement.
- Development of payment scheme for the incubator services.
- Development of a sustainability strategy for the incubators.
- Path Way for Sustainable Employment for Women and Youth in Ethiopia (PASEWAY)
Report to :
- Project Coordinator
Number of Position:
- Project Based
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from the accredited university. Master’s Degree in Business Administration is desirable.
- 3 to 7 years’ experience in a business incubator, a start-up advisory or any kind of entrepreneurial experience would be preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, build and maintain strong working relationships with start-ups, entrepreneurs, mentors, universities, research institutions, industry experts, associations, chamber of commerce & industries, state & central government, and companies.
- Experience in working with youth desirable.
- Excellent computer skills, excellent communication and writing skills in English.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit application on the following address with in 10 working days
Ethiopian Center for Development
Bole Road, Alem Building 7 th floor
Tel: +251 -11-6639516/17