Building upon 12 years of leadership J H Simex Private Limited Company is a combination of three companies that currently own and manage Real Estate, J H Simex Tour & Travel and a Five Star Intercontinental Addis Hotel.
J H Simex is a leading company with a 152 luxuriously furnished hotel rooms, 42 furnished apartments, 13 conference halls which accommodate more than 2,000 guests at a time, Bistro Café, Night Club, 360 Degree Revolving Restaurant and many more facilities within the two buildings. The Intercontinental Addis Hotel was built at a cost of 320 million birr in its first phase investment, on a 2400 square meters plot which opened in October 2008. The second building which is also part of the hotel was built at a cost of 200 million birr, on a 3,500 square meters plot which just recently opened January 2017.
Founded by Mr Semachew Kebede Kassa the company is headquartered at the heart of Kazanchis Area in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This has created job opportunities for 378 employees. Intercontinental Addis Hotel has been awarded in 2014 and 2016 for the Luxury Business Hotel in Ethiopia. This award serves as recognition of sustained commitment to excellence in outstanding achievement in the international luxury hospitality industry.
Employment Type: Permanent
As an IT Director you will be responsible for the day-to-day support of all IT systems, business systems, office systems, computer networks, and telephony systems throughout the hotel / resort.
Additionally responsible for Information Technology issues, products, and services at the property. Provides user training and support of all property/site systems, network enhancements, hardware and software support. Also maintains inventory of all hardware products and software licenses, and reviews maintenance agreements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A warm personality, attentive and smartly presentable.
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service.
- Responds courteously and efficiently to queries and problems from guests and system users.
- Ensures cleanliness of all data equipment and computer rooms.
- He / She must be a self-starter, alert, energetic, responsible and flexible.
- Responsible for smooth functioning and co-ordination of vendors for Guest Internet, Property Management Systems – PMS, Point of Sale – POS, Telephony systems and other software vendors.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Responsible for overseeing and handling network configuration, Servers, Workstations, Networking equipment, PABX, email accounts, and also support for the underlying server/desktop infrastructure.
- Should help through finding Root Cause Analysis on problems.
- Should monitor & do server hardware, Disk storage problems.
- Support in network infrastructure, including cabling, wireless networks, network switches, WAN/LAN, domain controller, Active Directory, firewall and VPN applications.
- Prepare & Implement Preventive Maintenance Schedule for all IT hardware & Software.
- Manage leadership in the establishment of working scope, technical strategy, cost, budget and staff support requirements with new IT initiatives.
- Prepare Policy & Procedures for the IT Department and for the user department.
- Managing Disaster Recovery Process and ensuring regular daily backup is taken.
- Anti-virus setup and day to day support.
- Able to plan, assign and take the report from the IT team.
- Identifies and implements solutions to user challenges and concerns associated with the use of personal computer equipment.
- Maintains a system error / progress log book and deals with reported problems.
- Responsible to ensure that IT Audit points are implemented as per relevant Standard operating Procedures.
- Monitors and maintains proper inventory of hardware and software license.
- Is aware of IT Security Policies and ensures implementation through regular staff training.
- Keep updated with latest hotel technology and security risks on a regular basis.
- Able to perform other IT or Systems related task assigned by the management.
- And others,
MA/B.A degree Computer Science or related field from a recognized university/college with 6/12 year’s experiences out of which 3/6 years on managerial position.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their applications, non-returnable CV’s, copies of document and other relevant testimonies to Intercontinental Addis Hotel Guinea Conakry (Tito) Street, Kazanchis, at Human Resource office during office hours from January 13, 2021 up to January 23, 2021. On the other option you can send an email to the hotel at [email protected] or [email protected] for more information call us 0115180444.
You must mention the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.